CHAPTER 89

Jayden's POV

Italy has become my second home for the past six months since Isabella flew out of America. I have been moving from one state to the other all in the name of searching for my wife.

I am so sure she is in Italy. Jude and I saw the plane take off that morning and I quickly booked a flight to Italy too.

I didn't know the specific location she was going to but when I asked around, I was told it was Verona just like I presumed.

I searched Verona for days without the sight of the woman with black straight hair. I thought she was going back to round up her supposed trip which I cut short or probably to meet up with Romeo but I didn't see any of them.

Alejandro didn't see her either.

I left Verona for Tuscany just like Alejandro advised but it was still the same. I am still coming to Italy every weekend to find her.

Even if I hadn't received Grandma's call last night, I would still be on my way home by now.

My plane landed in America a few minutes ago and Jude is driving me to her Grandma's place.

That woman almost went crazy with the thought of Isabella missing. Telling her that I saw Isabella running out of my mansion that morning didn't do anything to pacify her.

She believed that Isabella would never be found. She didn't ask me any questions about why we fought, maybe because Isabella must have told her everything.

I go to visit every two weeks. To check how she is doing and also to know if she has heard from Isabella.

The answer is always the same. Nothing. 

No calls. No text messages. No appearance.

I could see how honest she was. I couldn't even think that she might be lying to me about Isabella not reaching out.

Sometimes, I have this strange feeling that something bad must have happened to Isabella while other times, I feel she is fine but doesn't want to be found.

But I want to find her. I want to seek her forgiveness. I want to make things right and most importantly, I want her to know that I want my baby.

I didn't hate children right from time. I loved them and wanted many of them but the trauma of losing my wife and child to the cold hands of seath in one night left me with hatred in my heart.

The baby had died first. Even before she gave up the ghost.

Sometimes, when I don't blame myself for Helena's death, I blame the baby. She knew he was dead.

Her hands were on her stomach. She couldn't feel any movement and that made her give up.