THE END

Jayden's POV

After collapsing for the third time, I was sent out of the ward where Isabella was wheeled into.

My mind is in disarray. My heart is racing and my head is spinning.

This anticipation in me is killing me slowly. Isn't collapsing better than being left off hanging without knowing if Isabella is fine or not or if she is giving her best in pushing out our baby?

I don't want fate to repeat itself. I want mother and child to be fine. I might not survive another disaster. Isabella means the world to me, and so does the baby.

For the first time in my entire life, I look up to the heavens, gradually becoming conscious of my surroundings.

I am still looking up, praying deep in my heart for the Almighty to perform a miracle; to make this easy for Isabella, and let the baby and mother survive this.

Before I can finish up with my prayer, I see my mother rushing toward someone who turns out to be the doctor.

I run over to him. "Doctor, doctor?" I chant breathlessly. "How is she?"

Gabriel and Sabrina had run over to her Grandma's place to bring the baby things and to inform her Grandma.

The doctor flashes me a smile and I shiver, wondering if this is a good sign or a bad one.

"What happened?" Grandma asks him.

"She is fine and the baby is fine too", he announces and I jump up with joy. Before he can say anything else, I rush past him into the room where Isabella is.

"Isabella", I shout her name as I race in. I touch her face, her eyes fluttering open and a smile making its way to her face. "Isabella", I call out to you. "You did it!"

Suddenly, the smile vanishes and she yells. "How dare you leave the room when I was trying to push our baby out?"

Guilt sets in and I drop my hands from her face to scratch my head nervously, as I try to think of an excuse to give her.

I am sure she didn't know that I passed out three times because of her screams and the way she was pushing with all her strength, hitting my face repeatedly without knowing.

"Won't you check the baby?" She asks the tone of anger no longer there. She points to a crib at the far edge of the room and I hurry towards the place.

A nurse is hovering over him.

My child. My first fruit.

The moment I get close, the nurse bows and leaves. Then I see him. The first thing that catches my attention is the eyes.

They are just like mine. Blue eyes. His body is red like a tomato and he is wringing his hands as he fights sleep.

His feet are in the air and something breaks inside of me.

I can't bring myself to touch him because it feels unreal that I now have a child.

A little me.

I find myself falling to my knees, my hands gripping the crib quietly so as not to wake him.