CHAPTER 78

Isabella's POV

Immediately the door opens, and I rush into her arms crying my eyes out and holding onto her firmly so I can squeeze out all the hurt and emotions I am feeling right now.

My tears are because of how stupid I feel. I should have given this much thought. I should have known that Jayden's sudden change in behavior is questionable. I should have known that Romeo was right and not selfish like Jayden.

I have always considered women who confess their feelings for men even before men do the same as foolish and I have become a foolish woman for confessing my feelings for Jayden the very next day after we fought, reconciled, and had sex.

I am stupid. I shouldn't have allowed him to touch me. I shouldn't have given out my virginity to him that way. I shouldn't have even accepted this offer.

My chest tightens within my ribcage and I find it very hard to breathe.

My cries turn into sobs as I try to breathe properly all to no avail. Before I can pull away, someone rushes out of the room opposite the door and it turns out to be my Grandma in her nightwear.

Quickly, I pull away from the person holding me to realize she isn't Grandma but an unfamiliar face.

Probably Safina, the woman Grandma employed as a maid and the same woman Grandma considered as a friend who has been keeping her company.

When she sees the flash of recognition on my face, she smiles down at me and opens my arms to hug me again.

I begin to cry all over again while Grandma hurries over to me and wraps her hands around me and Safina in a tight hug, without a word.

My breathing becomes normal again and I continue to sob until one of the women breaks free from the hug and drags me forcefully to a seat.

My tears are flowing freely. Tears of regrets. Pain. 

I feel betrayed. I feel guilty for tagging Romeo as the bad one and Jayden as the good one. I should have known that this wasn't real, even though it looked real.

Romeo was right. Jayden has used me and now is the time to dump me. I can't believe he still wants me to stay back in the house after asking me why I allowed the sex to happen.

I shouldn't have blocked Romeo. I thought he was going to pester me and I blocked him. The thought alone makes me filled with nothing but regrets and sorrows.

Why didn't I listen to him? 

The two women sit beside me in silence while I cry until I am satisfied. Gently, I raise my head to meet their intense questioning gaze. I know there are a lot of questions they want to ask me but I am not in the mood to answer any of them. All I want and need right now is to be alone to let everything sink in.

This is the mistake I made. I didn't give all of this much thought. I didn't let everything that happened to process well enough in my head before blurting out my confession of love.

The more I think of all of these, the more I want to blame myself and slap my face.

I rise abruptly. "I need a room."

"You can take mine," Safina says

"You can go to my room", Grandma mutters too at the same time as Safina. 

I would prefer to stay in Grandma's room. I just want to be able to wrap my head around what is happening to me.

I will probably become a laughing stock to Juliet when she gets to know about this. Romeo too.

At the thought of Romeo, I decide to find a way to call him. 

Without giving any of the women an answer, I walk out of the living room, finding my way to Grandma's room. I am sure her room is the first which is the master's bedroom.

I turn the doorknob and enter. As soon as I sit on the bed, I glance around the bedroom.

I drag myself into the bed further and lean my back on the wall, the cold breeze from the window hitting my face.

I am supposed to unblock Romeo and talk to him but I don't know what to say to him after blocking him for a day.

Maybe he will laugh at me. Taunt me for being stupid and blame me for not listening to him.

I can't talk to him now. I should leave that till some other time.

But I'm sure Romeo would still be in Verona. He plans to spend a few more days there before going somewhere else. He had told me all about his ex-girlfriend who betrayed him and how he took a month off work just to relax and find love.

When we met, we thought we had found love. I thought I had until Jayden appeared from nowhere.

I pull my phone out to see his number. 

Just then, a call comes in and Jayden's name flashes across the screen.

Quickly, I pull off the phone and turn to the window. The evening air brushes past my face, making me shut my eyes to stop the tears threatening to roll down my eyes again.

When I open my eyes, a tear rolls down but I am quick to wipe it away with the resolve of getting myself together and not crying for any man.

When I am about to close the window and lay on the bed, my eyes catch something.

A car. 

And someone inside the car with a phone glued to his ears as he comes out with a worried-filled expression.

It is Jayden.

The man who is responsible for my heartbreak. The man I had sex with two nights ago. The man whose arms I slept in last night. The man I wore lingerie for just because I wanted to seduce him into having sex with me tonight.

I might be mad at him for asking those silly questions and making me feel cheap but seeing him in front of my house looking worried brings a new sense of feeling that makes me scream and begin a new session of tears.

****

You are going to hate Jayden more in the next chapter so please don't ask me for another update today. 😅

VOTE AND COMMENT.