Our World

Wanda Maximoff x Reader

Requested by Anon​

Halloween event

"It won't work." You said as you followed Wanda. She chuckled and glanced at you, stopping near a large tree that had several branches reaching out and twisting.

"Won't it?" She asked. You nodded and looked around, seeing if there was some way to escape. Though you weren't in a rush to escape from Wanda. Many people who discovered just how powerful you were tried to harness your power. But so far, Wanda had simply wanted you to hear her out and listen to her plan.

"People have been after me for a thousand years, but I'm always one step ahead." You said quickly. She laughed, loudly, musically. Her world rippled and rolled around her as if her delight at your comment vibrated the air around her.

"You weren't one step ahead of me. Found you in a week." She reminded you. She continued to walk and her cabin slowly came into view as you followed.

"You knew about my powers." You pointed out as she stopped and sat on the steps of her home. You watched her. She smiled and patted the step beside her the way she'd do when you came back from a mission, weary and exhausted.

"I could restore the ones people stole from you. I could remove the limitations that Stark put in you." Wanda offered. Looking at her, up close, you could still see Wanda. There was a strange air around her as if her grief had snatched away a part of her, the part that was calmness and stability. Now she seemed to be always in movement even when still.

"No one would be able to stop me." You said with concern.

"Exactly." Wanda smiled at you and you frowned.

"What exactly would you want me to do with my power?" You asked her and she smiled even wider.

"You could fix everything. My boys. Vis. Pietro. You could bring them all to me." her eyes glazed and the smile changed. She had changed. You'd tried to help at Westview but you'd lost track of her. She hadn't seemed this different then and it wasn't so long ago.

"Strange said if I did any of that I could fold the universe in on itself." You reminded her quietly. Wanda rolled her eyes and stood up abruptly.

"What does Strange know? We could do it together. I could stop anything bad from happening and you could bring them back. We're all we need. Think about the power you would have." Wanda was angrily pleading now as if she had expected you to agree right away.

"(Y/N)!" You heard called out from somewhere. You couldn't see them and ignored what they said. Getting up you tried to take a step toward Wanda.

"I don't want the power to destroy the world." You said quietly and she scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"I'm offering you the power to make our own. You're going to need it." She vanished as she spoke. Her eyes were the last thing you saw before you were suddenly falling off the side of a building in the city. You yelled until a portal opened in front of you. The city was charred and shattered. People fled away from you as you softly landed on the ground.

"(Y/N)." Wong said as he hurried over.

"I'm ok... what happened?" You asked.

"Something or someone took over your body." Strange said as he landed beside you.

"Wanda?" You said quietly.

"No. This was something else." Wong assured you. Swallowing you turned, feeling something watching you. Off in the distance, you saw a red smudge vanish from a rooftop with a clear view of the street.