Home for the holidays - December 2021

Wanda frowned as Vision mentioned you. It had been so casually slipped into conversation and then the boys began to ask questions. "Who is (Y/N)?" Billy asked. Wanda swallowed and didn't answer. Memories flashed in her mind, it made her head hurt. She didn't. She couldn't think about any of it.

The phone rang and with a breath of relief she hurried to answer it.

"Hello? Wanda! Wanda is that you?" You said. Wanda grinned as she heard your voice and something deep within the hex changed, making a vibration of power that Billy alone noticed.

"(Y/N)! It's so good to hear from you! We were just talking about you. What a coincidence." Wanda said cheerfully.

"I'll be home for Christmas!" You said over the phone. Wanda smiled and informed everyone else. "Would you pick me up from the train station. There's too much snow for a taxi."

"Well! Isn't this nice! (Y/N) can make it home for the holiday. Though we need to get going to pick them up because of all the snow." Wanda said with a bright smile as she hung up and started to leave the kitchen.

"But mom. There isn't any snow?" Tommy said as he looked out of the window. Wanda stopped and turned to him, frowning.

"Of course there is!" Wanda laughed with an unformattable laugh. When Tommy looked out of the window a second time there was several inches of snow everywhere.

"I don't recall ever having a train station in Westview." Vision muttered.

"It's always been just out of town. They must have rerouted it." Wanda assured him.

"Ah. Makes sense. Well let's get going. Luckily I put the winter tires on the car." Vision answered with sudden eagerness. They drove out to a train station which looked old fashioned, like the ones you'd seen in a dramatic Audry Hepburn scene. When they got out, wrapped up in their winter coats they waited as you came out of the dimly lit ticket office and down the steps to meet them.

"I hope you didn't have to wait long. When did your train get in?" Wanda said as soon as she saw you. She gave you a tight hug and clung to you for a moment longer than she meant to.

"I... I'm not sure. I was travelling somewhere..." You said in mild confusion.

"Well we have a spare room for you. You can stay as long as you like." Wanda said eagerly as she took you by the arm and led you to the car.