chapter thirty-four: aquarelle

Start from the beginning

So, to have her shop back up and running again was a welcome sense of normalcy. She had requested her employees to start their shifts a little later so that she could go in and make sure it was all ready for business.

Exiting the bedroom, freshly showered and ready for her day, she spied Harry sitting at the counter with two cups of coffee. One for him, one for her. And a steaming pile of pancakes.

"I've got you a ride to your store sorted. You just let me know when you're ready to go."

"Are you gonna prepare me a packed lunch, too, daddy?"

He rolled his eyes at the jest, taking a sip of coffee, his jaw sharp.

He was dressed in plaid pants and a black shirt, a combo that had her mind reeling and her reality set in. She'd gotten so used to being lazy all day and fucking him whenever it pleased her. Now she was back in the real world.

"I can see exactly what you're thinking, little V. Knock it off."

"Give me my pancakes before I find something better to eat."

"Ooh. Do elaborate." He clasped his hands together.

She shrugged, attempting to skirt around him but he caught her with an arm around her waist.

"No, no. Tell me." He stared at her. "What do you wanna eat?"

Her large eyes found him, her expression softening, her voice low. "I don't know if you'd be into it."

"I'm into everything if it's with you."

God. It took everything in her to not melt all over him. He had become so gooey and vulnerable with her and it was thrillingly terrifying. She was equally as open and committed to him, and what a stabilising feeling it was to know that they were both on the same page.

"I'll keep that in mind."

He tapped her ass, allowing her to take the seat next to him. He dragged a plate over, loading it with pancakes. She drizzled them with gooey syrup, licking a droplet of it off her thumb before he whined and kissed her, tasting the sugar on her tongue.

"Too busy for a second breakfast?" He teased when they finished their pancakes, polishing off a second cup of coffee each.

She nodded, "mhm. You should have woken me up with it in bed."

"But you need sleep."

"I need you more."

"Who's the softie again?" He smiled lazily as her hands splayed across his stomach. "Remind me."

"It's you, dio. Always you. How's your shoulder?"

"Never better, little love. You know me. I took it like a champ."

"Yes, you did." She cooed, her lips pouting at him.

He clicked his tongue. "Stop pissing me off before I make you late for work."

She laughed loudly, pulling away to cuddle Willa before she left. Harry admired how short her dress was, and in turn, how high her boots went up her thighs. He immediately thought of her hinting at what she wanted to eat and his heart began pounding against his chest.

"Xander will take you to work and pick you up."

"Thank you, daddy." She teased and his face dropped, unamused.

"Do you need anything?"

She shook her head, hugging him tightly.

"No?" He checked.

"No."

"You'll let me know if you do."

"I will. But I'll be fine."