chapter twenty-nine: abscond

C.W: sexual content. What's new?

***

"More."

"More?"

"You heard me."

Scarlett giggled softly at his demand, drizzling more gooey syrup onto his pile of pancakes for him.

They'd woken up together, the skyline of New York obscured by a thick fog. He'd kissed every inch of her body and recalled his favourite parts about their night out before.

The night before. He was sure that a simple thought of it would entice a flush on his cheeks and warm, dripping arousal down his spine. They had cleaned themselves up after their time in the booth and were almost immediately teased by Sebastian about how there was a time and place for such activities.

Messy, tired, and only wanting each other's company, they'd headed back to his penthouse where he told her he wanted to stay with her all weekend.

Once they'd managed to haul themselves from his luxurious silk sheets and into his shower that morning, they found themselves in his kitchen. He'd been internally pondering whether to call his chef in to make them something. But then Scarlett had already made herself comfortable and was locating the ingredients for pancakes.

He'd asked her multiple times if she needed a hand after he'd made them each a cup of coffee, but she'd kissed his cheek and told him to relax. He sat at the counter on a stool, watching her every movement.

Willa followed her around gleefully, while she blew her kisses and sent her cooing little noises every two seconds. Harry watched the two with a warmth in his heart he couldn't place. He distracted himself by combing through his long hair with his fingers before scooping it into a bun.

Scarlett pushed their plates of syrup-covered pancakes on the counter, scooting around to the other side to sit next to him. He pulled her chair closer and kissed her, tucking his hand into her hair to keep her where he wanted her.

She hummed, pulling away and pinching his cheek. "Eat up."

They ate in comfortable silence, stealing side glances at each other and smirking when they were caught looking. He was still so perplexed at how normal everything was considering what they had was far from his kind of normal.

He'd been her submissive little toy last night, and now they were sitting in his kitchen eating the pancakes she'd made.

Would any part of their relationship ever be predictable? They never knew what was coming and the adrenaline rush was never-ending.

And that's what their weekend was like. Exciting, even if they spent most of it holed up in his penthouse. They ventured outside to walk Willa in the park, as Harry had taken the responsibility from Nia for the weekend. He had also ordered Sebastian and Xander not to bother him all weekend. He wanted nothing but her.

He watched as Scarlett and Willa chased each other on the green of the park. His heart did that thing again. Where it felt too big in his chest and his brain felt too small to decipher his own feelings.

They cooked together every night, and like everywhere else, they worked well together in the kitchen. Even when he kept distracting her with his hands and his mouth.

They fucked. A lot. Everywhere. His bed, his kitchen, his spacious shower. His study where he sat to do admin work. The lounge, on the coffee table, the rug in front of the fireplace. They fucked and loved each other's bodies, absolutely insatiable.

He showed her more of his art.

More of his home and the unique pieces that decorated its interior. That one door in the hallway remained closed—the one he'd shut himself behind the first time she had stayed at his penthouse.