Chapter Twenty-Four

Start from the beginning

I lay back down. "Adrian, could you get the doctor for me please?" I would have Keiron run his tests, if he told me I was well enough to work then I would.

"Yes, Sir."

Adrian swiftly left the room before returning a moment later with Keiron by his side, the man bowed once he saw me, a smile on his face.

"It is good to see you awake, Sir. I hope the current arrangements are acceptable, I am afraid decisions were quite difficult without your advisories." I was glad to be in the infirmary as apposed to my bedroom, that would feel far too personal for my liking, they were my private quarters after all, and nobody had been in there before.

"Thank you, Keiron. It was a wise decision, and I am quite comfortable here," I assured him, pretending not to see the relief that flashed in his eyes.

"I am glad. How are you feeling?" He asked, presenting me with a bottle of water that I gladly took from him.

"A bit disorientated and my body is quite stiff, but I feel okay." I opened the bottle and practically downed its contents; it was hard not to with how good the cool water felt on my throat.

"That is to be expected, I'm glad you're feeling better, but I would like to run a few tests if that is okay with you, Sir."

"Of course, do as you must." I gave him the permission he needed at he got to work, while I turned my attention back to Adrian. He was running a hand through his hair, and I could tell from his stance and the glazed over look in his eyes that someone was talking to him through a mind-link, I didn't want to interrupt but I was very worried about my friend.

"Is it important?" I asked him, his eyes flickered quickly to me, and it was evident just knowing I was awake was helping him.

"No, Sir. I should probably get back to it though," he sighed. Stress did not look good on him.

I nodded slowly, trying to come up with the best solution to take some stress off the boy. Obviously, the best solution would be for me to take back over and let him rest, but I would have to wait for Keiron's analysis first.

Adrian stepped towards the door, his mind clearly going a mile a minute right now, and it was then I noticed he didn't have his usual headphones hanging around his neck, or pressed against his ears.

"Adrian." I called his name and he stopped, turning towards me sheepishly but I didn't let him speak.

"Where is your keeper?" Instead, I asked.

"He's at home. He's honestly been an angel-" Adam and I shared a look at the word, but I quickly looked back to Adrian, trying to ignore the smirk Adam was sending my way. "-but I don't want to put so much stress on him, and I know he doesn't like seeing me like this. He's just taking a few hours, you know? He was insistent on coming back to help though, so he'll probably be back in an hour or two."

I'm glad he wasn't alone through this, but of course, Zach would never leave his Keeper to handle everything by himself.

"And Cameron?"

"In the office, he's working on paperwork at the moment. For me it's the worst part, but he seems to enjoy it to some extent and Gabe is keeping him company. I think you'll be impressed with how quick and efficient he has been with it, I know I am," he chuckled.

"Thank you, Adrian. We'll finish the tests here and then I'll be with you shortly."

"Yes, Sir, thank you."

Adrian rushed off, getting back into work while I patiently waited for Keiron to finish his tests.

"Okay, everything looks good, but I will say, you did overexert yourself, so you may find yourself getting tired quicker than usual over the next few days. However, it shouldn't take too long to get back into the swing of things. I recommend a hearty meal though; your body will thank you for it." Keiron smiled kindly.