By your Side?

คำสัตย์แล เป็นวาจาไม่ตาย Truth is immortal

He stomped his feet as he rushed towards the changing room. Outraged, he pushed the powders and cosmetics off the table, breaking the ceramic pots and small mirrors. His father rushed behind him, clutching his shoulders as the troupe looked on in shock. 

"Everyone, out!" Subana ordered, sending everyone rushing out the door. Rathsam clenched his fists and turned to face his father. 

"Despite not even performing, the King is still smitten by him. What use was all this?"

"Calm down, Rathsam!" He shouted and looked around making sure everyone was gone. 

"Take it off your mind. I will deal with that leech. I will make sure he's out of your way, so stop bothering yourself!" Subana reassured his son, patting him on his shoulder. 

"How can I father? The King left to attend to him in the middle of our play. Nara, he's always a hurdle in my path!" He spoke, anger and sadness forming tears in his eyes. 

"I promise, my child, you will be the best palace performer. Save these tears. They'll be of use to accompany His Majesty when he cries at the loss of his favorite toy", Subana said firmly. 

Ayuseth eyes widened at the words he had overheard from behind the curtains of the adjacent room. He put down the instruments in his hand slowly and walked to an adjacent exit. 

...

Nara had woken up too early thanks to the physician who had come to reapply medicine on his feet. Wincing at the pain and unable to fall back asleep, he stared at the window to his right; watching the faint glow of the sun rising up from below the horizon. He had managed to pass half a day as he thought back on the recklessness he had let himself commit to. To say the least, he had regretted it at most, sitting up on the bed with nothing to do didn't help calm his mind either. The meows below the window outside made him sit spring out of bed, falling to the ground as he clutched his ankles. 

"Are you stupid?" A voice shouted from the entrance. Nara raised his head, looking at the person who seemed annoyed. 

"Are you angry?"

"The robe? You couldn't think of anything better? You ruined the King's...no wait a minute. You ran this through in your head and thought it would be good to even enter the King's chamber in the first place?" 

"Well. I didn't run it through in my head", he replied scoffing. 

"That is pretty evident", he said pointing to Nara up to down. 

"You can leave if you have nothing else to say", Nara said, looking away at the window. 

"Why are you on the floor anyway?"

"The bed is too comfortable for me. I thought it would be a great idea to rest my wounded legs and tired body on the cold wooden floor!" Ayuseth looked in confusion and shook his head. 

"I don't know why you would think that, but I'll help you back on the bed"

"Oh dear, you actually bought that? Who is stupid again? You know what-", he stopped as Ayu knelt on the ground beside him, letting his arms wrap around him. Nara stared blinking as their eyes met, looking out at the window go distract himself. Ayuseth effortlessly lifted him and turned towards the bed. 

"The window", Nara said quietly. Ayu looked at him in confusion. 

"I want to sit by the window", he spoke again. Ayu nodded and settled him beside window. He immediately withdrew his arm from around Ayu's shoulders, petting the cat that meowed earlier outside.