Holding Onto You Chapter 49

Zacznij od początku

We spent the rest of the night talking until we both fell asleep on the concrete ground in a cold warehouse.

The next morning I was awoken by the sound of the door opening and I immediately sat up, Brian doing the same.

Two guys walked in holding guns and looking murderous. Henry had enough money to pay people to do his dirty work.

They gave Brian and I each a pillow and two blankets. One guy also put down a box of pizza and a bag full of snacks and drinks. I immediately took two bottles of water passing one to Brian and gulping down the other.

"I'm going to open you both one at a time to use the bathroom and if you try to act smart or make any wrong move I will hurt you very bad. My boss told me I should do anything to keep the two of you here and I am very trigger happy." The one guy told us. "Do we have a deal?"

I wanted to swear him every word known to men and spit on his smug face but I just took a deep breath and nodded.

"Good boys." He leaned down and unlocked the lock on my chain and I stood up, stretching. My chained leg was numb making it difficult to walk as I made my way to the bathroom with the other guy on my tail. Before I went inside he handed me a roll of toilet paper and a bottle of liquid hand soap.

I went inside and closed the door, taking a quick scan of the room. The small window had full burglar bars, the toilet and sink were both on the right corner and on the left there was a cabinet. I opened it looking for any sort of weapons but it was empty. I used the toilet and washed my hands, making my way back out.

I was chained again before Brian was unchained and escorted to the bathroom.

"What is Henry paying you?" I asked the guy with the big mouth who only had his gun to protect him. "I'll pay you triple if you let us go. We can stage it as an escape. I can have the money transferred to you immediately. Do we have a deal?" This time I asked him.

He put his gun against my mouth to shut me up. "Once I make a deal with someone I don't go against them. That doctor is rich, I will get a lot of money out of him. I told you I don't want you to act smart. This is your last warning."

Just then Brian came back and he ran straight to me. "Get away from him." He pushed the gun away from my jaw. "Vince are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I told him.

The guy chained Brian and put the pair of keys in his pocket.

"We will be back tomorrow." He told us and they both left.

Brian immediately rubbed my face. "It's gone blue around your lip. Please don't say or do anything stupid again. We are dealing with meatheads who only know how to talk with weapons. Your life is very precious Vincent, please don't put it at risk." He said, rubbing my jaw. He leaned down and kissed my cheek.

"It also hurts here." I told him with a pout, pointing to my jaw and he kissed it. "Also here." I pointed to my chin and he kissed it. "Also here." I pointed to my lips and he kissed it and I kissed him back. "I'm sorry." I told him when he pulled away.

"It's okay. Just don't do it again. We need to make a plan." He said, sitting down and opening the box of pizza.

After we ate we lay down two blankets on the ground with the pillows on top and we used the other two blankets to cover.

If Henry thinks we are going to go easy on him by giving us all this he is wrong. Prison is going to make him realise what a big mistake he made.

Once we were settled in our makeshift beds I looked at Brian who had just rested his head on his pillow.