Join Me In The Bed

The summer break has officially ended, and the team is getting ready to head off to Spa. This will be Y/n's first race she attends, and she couldn't be more excited about it. Over the last few days, Y/n has noticed a weird tension between Lando and Daniel, and she wants to get to the bottom of it. After all, she is the head of HR, and it is her job to sort out any disputes within the company. She filled Issac in on her thoughts about the situation and suggested pulling them in for a meeting to discuss the issues. He has yet to tell her about what Daniel told him just a few days ago; he's unsure of the best way to do it.

A couple of hours before their flight to Belgium, Y/n asks the two to come and have a chat. Of course, they knew exactly what it would be about, but they had to find a lie to cover it up. "I'm sure you both know why I've called you here today," she states firmly. Lando rolls his eyes towards the statement and nods his head while Daniel stares at the ground. "Daniel, is something bothering you?"

Y/n is over the childishness between the two; they're two grown men. "No, nothing at all, Y/n. Like we said the other day, there is nothing to worry about; I believe this interview is unnecessary." She laughs to herself in response, "The tensions between you both are noticeable, not just to me, but to the entire team. If you don't sort yourselves out, I'll get you two together again, and you'll be telling the truth next time." Lando huffs. "Got something you want to say, Lando?" she questions. Daniel laughs, "Yeah, Lando, anything you want to say?". He's trying to get a reaction out of him, which is working. "Just keep your mouth shut for once in your life Daniel!" Y/n is taken aback by this outburst; she has never seen Lando so upset.

"I'm sorry for my behaviour Y/n, but I can't do this right now. I'll see you both at the airport." He stands from his seat and leaves the room, leaving Y/n dumbfounded. "Look, Daniel. Something is going on between you two, and you must sort yourselves out. You're supposed to be a team; work your shit out. Now go get ready for the flight." Daniel nods as he stands up and leaves. He likes when she's demanding, it's attractive to him.

The flight to Belgium is awkward and tense between Daniel and Lando. Y/n is seated next to Lando; for the most part, the pair are fine, but he is visibly upset from the earlier conversation. They're watching a movie together, while her head is resting on his shoulder and his resting gently on top of hers. His hand is resting on her thigh. Anybody would believe they're a couple. Daniel can see them from his seat, wishing he was the one in Lando's position. Unfortunately, he doesn't deserve the affection she's giving him.

When they arrive in the country, they head off straight to the hotel. "I'm so sorry, miss, there must have been a mistake in the bookings. So, unfortunately, there is no available room for you." Y/n's eyes go wide as the receptionist tells her the bad news. "It's okay, love. You can share mine," Lando was quick to offer, which made a smile instantly appear on her face. "Are you sure? Are you not sick of me yet?" She has the most adorable look on her face; one Lando could never be sick of. "Absolutely not; I want you with me always."

They make their way up to their room and get settled in. As Y/n goes into the bathroom to get changed into pyjamas, Lando sets up a little bed on the sofa and lies down. She walks out to see what he has done and stands there, shocked. "Don't be silly, babe. Share the bed with me," she insists, but Lando is still unsure. "I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable." he scratches his head and looks to the ground nervously. In a matter of seconds, Y/n walks over to him and places a soft kiss on his lips, "join me in the bed," she says once more, not taking no for an answer.

Lando gives in, happy that she was insisting that he does this. They get into the bed together and face each other. "Lando, can you please talk to me? Something is going on between you and Daniel. It's constantly bothering you, and I hate seeing you like this." Y/n's tone has changed to a sombre one compared to a couple of minutes ago.

"Y/n, please. I don't want to talk about that with you. I don't want you stressing over a silly little argument. Trust me; everything will be okay." That was all she needed to end the conversation; she didn't want to pry it out of him. If he wants to talk, he'll talk. Although Y/n's mind is filled with endless theories on what is happening between the two, Lando's mind is elsewhere. He wants to find a way to ask Y/n to be his girlfriend. Some might see it as too soon, but he doesn't want to lose this girl; he wants her to be his. Lando knows she is close to Issac, so he will ask him for assistance.

Before the pair get some sleep, Y/n gives Lando a small kiss once again. It has become one of her favorite things to do; Lando, too, enjoys these intimate actions. Then, Y/n rolls the other way while Lando pulls her in closer. This was going to be the best sleep of his life.

They all arrive in the paddock bright and early in the morning to get a head start on the day. Today is a media day for the drivers, but the boys will still be going over things for the race with the engineers.

Before anything else, Lando makes his way to find Issac. "Hey mate, I need your advice on something." Issac looks at him questioningly; he has avoided Lando since his conversation with Daniel. He doesn't know what to say to him, and he certainly doesn't want to be in his presence. Issac rolls his eyes, not in the slightest bit interested in what Lando has to say, "What is it you want?" Lando fails to pick up on his annoyance, "I want to ask Y/n to be my girlfriend. Can you help me?"

He chuckles, "Help you? You're kidding. I'm not helping you get with her." Lando's face instantly drops; what does he mean? A week ago, he was all for them being together. "What do you mean?" Issac can't believe Lando's stupidity right now. "You made a bet about her; why would I want to help you get with her when you're just going to break her heart?" Lando sees red. Fucking Ricciardo. "Issac, I didn't mean that bet. It was stupid. I should never have made it. I like her, man." Issac rolls his eyes once more. "Y/n is too good for you, man; you told Max you were playing with her and you would never fall in love with her. Y/n is better off without you. I'm not letting you do this to her."

Whilst Issac was saying that Y/n had made her way into the room without the two noticing. "Is that true, Lando?" The men turn their heads toward the direction of her voice. Lando's heart instantly drops. "Were you really just playing around with me this whole time?"

UH OH

The truth is out now, Y/n's first GP, and it is starting like this.

What do you think will happen in the next few chapters?

Will Y/n forgive Lando instantly, or will she leave him?

Let me know if you enjoyed the chapter by commenting and telling me your thoughts, and don't forget to vote to show your appreciation <3