What Bet?

It has been a week since Y/n and Lando were at the park. They still haven't tried to go on their first official date yet; both of them have been busy with work. Lando is training daily for his upcoming race, while Y/n is getting used to the new work environment and getting closer to her assistant, Issac. 

Y/n and Issac have become incredibly close to each other. They spend every waking hour together, during work, on breaks, and even in the late evening. He's her first friend, apart from Lando, since she came to England. She confides in him about her feelings towards Lando, and Issac is all for the relationship. He believes they would be a perfect match for each other, and since they will be traveling together, it should work out smoothly. Issac thinks it's funny how this all began because she got tickets to a race that she does not need anymore. 

Lando walks in as the two are hard at work and gives Y/n a hug and a kiss on the forehead. Issac raises his eyebrows toward her and smirks, he knows she loved that, but she won't show how much in front of Lando. Issac will hear about it later.

"Can I steal Y/n from you, Issac?"

"Of course, go for it. It's nearly lunchtime anyway ."

"Thanks, mate"

Y/n and Lando head off to lunch, and Lando sees this as their first official date. As they get to Lando's car, Y/n  sees a bouquet in the passenger seat, specifically, tulips, her favourite flower.  

"Lando, these are beautiful. You didn't have to."

"I wanted to; I wanted to make our first date a little more special."

"Ooh, so this is our first date?"

"Yes, it's going to be one you'll love."

Lando takes Y/n to a park where this is a picnic blanket on the ground, accompanied by a picnic basket. He wanted to make this date perfect, so he got Issac to find out all her favourite foods and filled the basket with every single one of them. 

"Lando, this is perfect. How did you know I liked all of this?"

"Oh, you know, a little birdie told me."

Y/n smiles to herself; she knows exactly who that little birdie is. Issac. He is their biggest supporter. "I wish I could stay here with you forever, Lando," she sighs, knowing she'll have to return to work sooner than she wishes.'

"Then let's stay."

"My break isn't that long!"

"You're finished for the day. I already spoke to Zak, and he is fine with it."

"It's only just my first full week, Lando! I can't pull stunts like this."

"He's fine with it. He wants to see us together like this."

Y/n laughs once more and rests her head on his lap. Lando reaches for a strawberry and feeds it to her. Nothing could get better than this. The time flies by when they're together, it's now nearly five, and they are packing up to head home. 

When they arrive home, they are surprised to see Daniel sitting on the sofa in their living room. Daniel came over for one reason. To confront Lando about the bet, Max had told him about it when Daniel asked about Y/n.

"What are you doing here, Daniel?" Lando questions the man. 

"I came to talk to you. Can we talk in private, please?" Lando looks towards Y/n, and she gives him a nod to say that it's okay. They exit the living room and go into Lando's streaming room to talk. Daniel shuts the door behind him to prevent Y/n from overhearing. 

"What the fuck were you thinking by making a bet about her?"

Lando is shocked, only he and Max knew about this bet, and they agreed not to talk about it with anyone.