The Wait is Over

*Ding*

As y/n looks at her phone, her heart instantly drops.

"The Australian GP tickets are now on sale."

After months and months of waiting for this exact moment,  anxiety fills her stomach as she rushes onto the ticket website to purchase herself a ticket. Y/n knows how hard it will be to get her hands on tickets; they're in demand. She has worked tirelessly to be able to afford paddock tickets to get as close to the drivers as possible.

"Great, I'm in a queue," Y/n mumbles, annoyed.

*You are next in line to get a ticket*

Nerves build up inside her stomach as she sits at her computer, fidgeting around. Time feels like it's flying by, but in reality, it has only been a couple of seconds before she can finally buy a paddock pass.

As the words "We can't wait to see you next year" pop onto the screen, Y/n sighs with relief—her first-ever Formula 1 GP. Words can't even describe how she feels now—pure bliss. After a rough start to the year, this is one way to recover it.

Formula 1 has been her source of comfort for many months now. It has made her the happiest she has been in a while. Y/n has made many friends through the fanbase and has found the people she idolises the most.

Abby is one of her best friends. Although they haven't met, she is considered the closest person to Y/n. Abby lives in Surrey, England. She's close to the Mclaren headquarters, which Y/n is internally jealous of.

Y/n grabs her phone to message Abby the exciting news.

Y/n; Girl, you'll never believe this!

Abby; Sorry, who is this?

Y/n; Abby, you know exactly who this is! Stop playing!

Abby; Uhmm, this isn't Abby...

Not long after Y/n received that text, she got another one.

???; Hey, Y/n, it's Abby! I forgot to mention I got a new number a couple of weeks ago. We haven't spoken in a while... I've been busy with work and such. I just saw the AusGP tickets are out. Did you get your hands on one?

Y/n; Oh my gosh! Hi! Yes!! I did!!! Funny story, I just messaged your old number and talked to a random person. So I should probably message back and apologise.

Abby; I'm so sorry; I should've told you sooner. But congrats on the tickets!!

Y/n leaves the chat between herself and Abby as she returns to her previous one.

Y/n; I am so sorry! This used to be my best friend's number!

???; It's all good, no dramas. So what wouldn't she believe?

Y/n; I got tickets to the AusGP next year! It has been a dream of mine to go there and meet my favourite driver.

???; The AusGP, wow that's exciting! Who's your favourite driver?

Y/n; Lando Norris! He has such a goofy little personality and is an amazing driver. I can't believe I have the chance to meet him.

???: Oh yes, I've heard of him! He is very talented on and off the track, from what I've seen and heard. By the way, what's your name?

Y/n; My name is Y/n, and yours?

???; Lando, my name is Lando.

First chapter, I hope you all will enjoy this little series. It's a little short but I just wanted to get the story going :)

Please vote and leave a comment to let me know if you're enjoying this so far <3