Welcome to Mclaren

Lando leaves the room while Zak and Y/n sit at his desk. "How long did you work in your previous company?" Zak questions, raising an eyebrow towards the girl. 

"About two years, it was my pride and joy until I realised how bad the work environment was there."

"What makes you want to work here at Mclaren?"

"I've been interested in formula 1 for quite some time now, and HR has always been a passion of mine from a young age. So combining my two passions seems like a dream come true."

Zak smiles in response to the answer; she already seems the perfect candidate for the position. 

"What happened at your previous company? Why are you no longer working there?" This is what Zak wants to know most, this could make or break Y/n's outcome. 

Y/n sighs before responding, "Honestly, I'm not too sure. I was unwell a couple of days ago and had to head off from work early. My boss at the time told me to rest up and come back in tomorrow. Twenty minutes later, I received a message to do the opposite. I gave my all to the company; I worked hours after I was supposed to go home to benefit them. My hard work went unnoticed solely because I wasn't up to working for one day."

Zak, pleased with her enthusiasm toward her job, nods in understanding. 

She continues, "I don't want to beg for the job, but this opportunity would be amazing. I love my career; I constantly give it my all. I go above and beyond, strived to make my old company a better place, and I would do the same and more for this position."

"One last question for you"

" You currently reside in Australia," Y/n nods, "Are you willing to relocate and travel with the teams to races?"

Y/n laughs at the question; it seems all too silly that it had to be asked in the first place. "Of course I am. But, as I said, this is my passion; I'll go anywhere it wants me."

Zak stands up and offers his hand to Y/n, "Welcome to Mclaren, Y/n. You'll be a highly valued member here."

Y/n stands shocked, her hand in his, not shaking back as she can't fathom what's happening. So she's working at Mclaren; this is a dream come true. 

"Thank you so much, Zak; I won't let you or the team down."

"Let's go introduce you to Issac. You'll be working closely with him. He'll act as your assistant."

"What do I need an assistant for? That seems a little silly." Although Y/n laughs, no one but the boss at her old company had an assistant.

"You're the manager of the HR Y/n; it's going to be near impossible for you to do every task. So you're going to need him." 

Lando is patiently waiting outside for Y/n and Zak to exit. He will not admit it, but he is nervous about the outcome. Finally, the door clicks open, and Lando jumps to his feet, eagerly waiting for an answer.

Y/n comes out with a sad expression on her face; Lando looks towards Zak, giving him a 'you seriously didn't give her the job' look. Y/n notices and looks at Zak also and smiles at him. 

"Oh, Lando, calm down. I got the position!" she exclaims. He pulls her into a tight hug and places a kiss on top of her head. Zak notices and smiles to himself. Young love.

Technically, he should frown upon this. It's not ideal to have relationships within the workplace, and Y/n, head of HR, should know this. But this is Lando. Zak loves Lando and sees him as a son, and this is also his new favourite non-racer in Mclaren. How could he not love this?

Y/n is directed toward Issac's office by Lando and Zak. Lando and Issac are close, so Lando will ensure they get along nicely.

"Issac, meet Y/n. Y/n meet Issac. Y/n will be your new boss. She's under me, but you report to her first now." Zak states firmly. 

"It's great to meet you, Issac; I can't wait to work with you."

"Likewise," he says with a large smile. 

"Is Y/n free to go now, Zak? I want to take her out to celebrate." Lando asks, eager to get this girl on a date.

"Of course, have fun, you two. I'll see you both tomorrow."

Lando and Y/n walk back to his car. He's so happy for her. He knows she'll fit in perfectly at Mclaren and the rest of the F1 community. The vehicle is parked quite a distance from the entrance, so he takes the opportunity to hold her hand. Their hands fit together perfectly, and it feels comfortable. Lando's nerves are going through the roof. He doesn't want to mess up any opportunity with her. 

As they get to his car, he opens the door for her and places a small kiss on her hand. Y/n blushes as she gets butterflies in her stomach. Neither of the two is going to admit any feelings toward the other.

They make their way to the restaurant and get seated. Shortly after, a familiar face walks in. 

"Lando! Who's this pretty lady you've got with you? What did you bribe her with to get her here?"

Y/n's face drops; she did not expect to be meeting him, maybe in a couple of weeks at a race, but today? This is out of this world, but now it's finally hitting her. She's going to meet everyone she looks up to in formula 1.

Who do you think walked in?

Will they be someone that Lando will have to compete with for Y/n? 

Vote and comment if you liked the chapter <3