Chapter 4

Author's Note:

I cannot stress this enough, this story is heavy, angsty, and not at all easy to read. If you are triggered at all by what is tagged (r@*pe, mole$tati0n, torture) Please do not read any further. 

This Chapter does touch on the subject and is graphic in some areas, as is Chapter 6 (Which I will say is darker and more detailed) If any of these make you uncomfortable or are triggering, I suggest skipping this chapter and Chapter 6 when it is published. 

For those that want to read further, be my guest! I know this story is very dark and Clarke and Octavia go through a lot of trauma and pain, but I promise it does get better eventually.

It took everything Octavia had to force herself to fall asleep. The chill grew colder as the eerie feeling became overwhelming but against all odds she finally gave into her body's cry of exhaustion. It went against all of her survival instincts but she knew she needed the rest, especially if she was going to try and find a way to escape. Looking over at Clarke the hope that was burning deep within her depleted, but the young Blake knew she couldn't give up. Bellamy would find her eventually, she knew that. All she had to do was stay alive long enough for him to do so. It was with this thought in mind that her body finally drifted off into sleep.

The following morning seemed to rise far faster than she expected. Either she stayed awake late into the night or her sleep was deeper than she realized because before she knew it the sound of keys and footsteps shook her awake and the rattling of the cage door forced her eyes wide open. Quickly the brunette glances in Clarke's direction but the other girl doesn't move. Was she breathing? Octavia couldn't tell. It was as if she mastered the ability to hide whether or not she was alive in her sleep, to fall and stay still like a solid rock.

A survival instinct she must have learned no doubt. How long it took her to learn and why Octavia's sure she doesn't want to know. All she does want to know, however, is how to escape this hell. Realistically she knows she can't do it alone, not without Clarke's help. To get that Clarke needs a little hope herself.

As the cage door opens and slams shut Clarke sits up slowly, a wince painted on her face that she masks quickly when he sets down their food. A small portion of oatmeal, two slices of toast, and two plastic bottles of orange juice. Not exactly what Octavia was expecting but far better than her worst fears.

She waits a few moments but their kidnapper never leaves, instead he sits down and watches over them carefully, making Octavia lose her appetite. Clarke throws her a look, glancing between Octavia and the food before looking away, making it clear she had to eat. And yet Octavia couldn't eat it. Did he put anything in it? Will he drug them? Poison them? Clarke's lived this long but what's to stop him from starting now?

A million questions run through her mind in seconds as her mind thinks of the worst scenarios. Only a deep noise breaks her out of her panic.

"Not hungry I see." The man says. "Well maybe your in the mood for something else."

Not sure what he meant Octavia looks up to see him much closer than before. Panicked she tried to back away, only to hit the metal bars behind her. His hand is rough as it glides over her cheek and down towards her neck. Further and further down it travels the more Octavia's stomach turns.  She tries to move away, to kick at his body to give her space, but it was no use. Her body froze.

Just before he could go any further a sound forces him to stop and turn towards Clarke. At first it seemed she was just coughing but her pale skin was turning blue and it was then Octavia knew she was choking.