Chapter 8

Author's Note:

Happy New Year everyone!! I wish you all a good year :)

Here is a new update on this dark and eerie story with our favorite characters! Only upwards from here! (Mostly) ;)

Side Note: This chapter does contain torture and abuse in the beginning, Just a heads up!

Clarke struggled as long as she could to watch as Octavia ran for freedom. After eight long and dreary years of living in constant pain and hell, she was able to save one life. For Clarke that's all that mattered. At least someone was able to escape. For the first time in a long time she fought against the man that took her away as a child. Away from her friends, her family, and her home. Far away from any resemblance of safety and love. As far as Clarke knew her parents could be dead or long forgotten about her. But Octavia? Her brother was still out there looking for her, Clarke could feel it. Octavia still had someone in her corner rooting for her to come home, praying for safe return. As did the many other girls that came before her. Even though Clarke couldn't save any of them she made sure that Octavia made it out alive.

She kicks and pulls with as much strength as she could muster as she fights against her assailant. But he was much stronger. Eventually he overpowers Clarke, kicking her legs from under her, and drags her back into the house. His skin was red hot with rage but she could see in his eyes he was also panicking. For the first time ever he had a live witness that he couldn't get rid of.

"You're gonna pay for this " He sneers as he yanks a chunk of her blonde hair back to the ground with a loud thud. Her body collapses onto the hardwood floor in caves in on itself when she feels the rough leather of his shoes pounding into her abdomen.

She thinks that this is it, he'll finally get it over with. Better yet if he leaves her for just a moment she could end it herself. The thought crossed her mind more times than she could account, but deep down she knew that there would always be others to replace them. With Clarke around the other girls had a chance to survive, to be free, even if she never could. It was this thought in mind that kept her alive and fighting to survive. But with Octavia now gone and free Clarke knew that it sealed her fate. Whether it be by his hand or her own one thing was for certain- this was the day that Clarke Griffin dies.

She expects him to drag it out, or maybe if she was lucky it would have been quick.

Clarke tried to escape in her mind, far away from the physical afflictions now tormenting her body. The immense pain and misery plaguing every thought and feeling that passed over her as the world around her blurred away.  Just as the world began to fade into black and every nerve buzzing in her body started to numb. But just as the light of freedom was in her grasp, Clarke is abruptly  forced off the ground and dragged by her blonde locks down a set of stairs and into the trunk of a car.

He binds her wrists and ankles tightly before slamming the door shut, encasing Clarke to darkness. A void she was no doubt used to but the feel of the rough road beneath them was entirely different. 

Time escapes her with each passing minute. She finds calm in the motion of the drive and the lone darkness surrounding her. For just a moment she closes her eyes in hopes to sleep. But her rest is abruptly interrupted when the car comes to a stop. Her heart pounds against her chest and echoes in her ears as sh waits the trunk to open.

The blindingly light that hits her last for only a second until his silhouette covers it as he hovers over her body.

"Let's go." He yanks Clarke out of the trunk and drags her into a new house and down towards another basement.