Chapter 9

Days pass after Clarke was rescued. Her physical health was improving far batter than the doctors had hoped; however, her mind was not nearly as recovered as her body. Since her mother was the only relative Clarke had around Abby made as many executive decisions as she could on her daughters behalf. Even with Clarke being of age to make her own decisions her mentality was not in the right place for the doctors to heed anything the young Griffin said.

Her night terrors alone worried the doctors more than her physical injuries. Far too many times the nurses have had to sedate Clarke when a nightmare took control of her mental state. More than once Abby has had to call in for assistance to keep her daughter from hurting anyone around her, or herself. It was due to this worry that Abby and the doctor agreed to restrict any visitations after Clarke's first episode.

That was nearly a week ago.

With each passing day Octavia worry grew to high stakes. She and Clarke fought tooth and nail to survive, keeping each other alive for 2 years. And if it wasn't for Clarke herself Octavia may have very well been killed dozens of times over. It was the blonde that helped her escape and survived and in return Octavia helped her brother find Clarke just in time. She deserve to see her best friend and yet there were still heavy restrictions on getting a glimpse of the blonde young woman still lie in the hospital bed. Alone.

And being alone was more dangerous than being over crowded by people wanting to see her. A small crowd would be overwhelming, yes, but it was also a reminder that there were people who cared. It was a reminder that she was free and finally escaped the horrific prison of hell that she had to fight and survive in for nearly a decade. Being alone would drive Clarke mad, and Octavia feared what she would do if she were to get trapped too far in her mind.

It was due to this fear that the young Blake asked her brother to gain access to Clarke's room and check on her well being. If anyone would understand what it's like being left alone after escaping their prison it was Octavia. She knew most of all what Clarke has been through, what they both have. And Clarke shouldn't be left alone, not yet. Not so soon.

Bellamy does as his sister asks for two reason: Firstly because his sister had asked him, and secondly because he too was worried about the young woman he helped rescue. The moment her eyes looked into his own he knew something was different about her. She was strong, selfless, and too stubborn for her own good. She had a good heart, and it was beaten and bruised. But no matter the horrible things done to her she still kept fighting to help the others. Damning the consequences she herself had to face. Clarke was strong and what she and his sister went through was unimaginable. He could only worry what the damage of being alone was doing to her mind.

Being held against her will and left alone for hours, sometimes even days, can traumatize anyone. But being set free and left to the relive that trauma was an entirely different nightmare.

From the moment his eyes landed on the girl hanging by her limbs as she bled, Bellamy felt something. He wasn't sure what it was. All he knew was he needed to protect her and keep her safe. His instincts kick into overdrive as he sets foot into the hospital to see her. Instincts that he hasn't felt this strongly since Octavia was born. It was a natural defense to protect what was his, what was family. While Clarke was neither to him yet he knew she was different. He knew and felt in his bones that she was his to protect.

As much as Bellamy was grateful for his promotion he didn't like to flash his badge to get his way, but for Clarke he made the exception without hesitating. All it takes is a single look at his badge for the nurse at the station to guard him into the hallway to speak with Clarke's doctor on her current condition. While not many detectives and official officers would be so involved in a patient's life after a rescue, Bellamy knew Clarke and Octavia's case was different. Not only because Octavia was his sister, but because this case wasn't over. The man they were after had many powerful friends in high places, and the girls needed to be watched and protected at all costs. A plausible reason for which Bellamy gives if anyone questions his close involvement with the victims in the case. A reason in which he had to use to explain to Clarke's doctor in order to get the information he needed the first time they met.