|+| reunion? |+|

woo let's just get into this-

///

[ reunion? ]

...

why did Altalune - the moon deity, a deity over seven ranks above him - invite him to her dimension? why did she barely give any info on why? why him specifically?? did he do something wrong? maybe he messed up on patrol and didn't notice...

hands shaking, Max cast the sigil to access the moon deity's dimension, before pulling his mask over his face. a small portal opened up before the glowing white sigil, swirling with a beautiful array of blacks, blues, and pastels. if he looked close enough into the door-sized portal, there were stars and faint figures amidst the swirling.

with a sharp inhale, the fire deity stepped in.

"miss Altalune? you...wanted to see me?"

the moon deity's dimension was far more...bedroom-y than he expected. lots of fluffy pillows and overarching bookshelves. it was also very...very blue. were those stars hanging from the ceiling, too?

Altalune looked up from her grimoire, lounging comfortably at a small table with multiple chairs. "mhm! please, take a seat!"

her smile was wider than he was used to. he was almost tempted to just exit the dimension immediately upon arrival.

upon reaching the table, he immediately tensed, hesitating for a moment.

there were a few seconds of silence, before he pulled out one of the chairs and sat down. he promptly made a noise of alarm, not expecting to immediately sink into said chair. it looked a lot less padded from the entrance...

"oh, and please -"

Max startled as he felt a set of nails scrape against his face, followed by his mask being taken straight off.

"- remove that mask. you don't have to hide your face in the presence of an ally."

the fire deity opened his mouth to protest, choked a bit on his words, then stammered and went quiet.

"anyways," hummed Altalune, gently putting the mask down on the table, "I'll be right back. I just need to get something real quick. help yourself to any of my books!"

"wh - huh? h- hey - wai-"

the moon deity was already gone.

Max blinked a few times, before looking around, leaning forward in his chair. did she just...disappear? how did she even...

...

.....

after sitting completely still for a minute, he readjusted, reaching to take his mask back off the table.

"Lady Altalune?"

oh shit. that's Pasha.

Max startled, before forcefully sinking back into the chair, trying to minimize his presence as much as possible, wrapping his hair around his neck and face. at least the chairs were so big that they hid him well enough for the water deity to not notice him yet.