07

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Holding hands was never a big deal in Taehyung's opinion. He held many hands in his life, kissed many lips, fell in love with many people. Okay, maybe not love. But back then it definitely felt like love. The excitement, the many new emotions, the fluttery heart.

But being with Jungkook, holding his hand, falling for him, was much more difficult, so different from what Taehyung was used to.

He noticed it when they left the gallery to get something to eat. Their fingers were still intertwined as they walked down the streets and looked at the many shops, talked about pastries and how to bake cherry turnovers.

Taehyung noticed it in the way he blushed in seemingly every damn moment. He couldn't hold eye contact for the life of him and would rather stare ahead to avoid meeting Jungkook's soft eyes. His heart was beating like he just ran a whole marathon and it didn't die down no matter how long they held hands because it was so unreal it was finally happening.

He didn't get accustomed to Jungkook's warm, gentle grip, especially not the ‚brushing his thumb over Taehyung's hand every now and then' situation and god how could he ever get over the fact that Jungkook kissed his knuckles?

It was random, short, very sudden. They watched the ducks swim over the river, just silently enjoying each other's company when Jungkook decided it was time to press a light kiss on Taehyung's fingers - that was enough freak out material for one day.

"So..." Jungkook began, a sheepish smile on his lips. They haven't talked for a good 10 minutes, quietly leaning against the rusty old railing that separated them from the rest of the park. "Did you mean what you said to Jin last week?"

"What did I say?" Taehyung really didn't know what Jungkook meant. There was already happening so much and he wanted to make sure to remember every single moment of it - there was no space in his brain to recall other, not so important things. He leaned his head against Jungkook's shoulder, suddenly not minding the height gap. "Tell me."

Jungkook chuckled. He hesitated at first, but snaked his arm around Taehyung's shoulder eventually, to pull him closer. "The whole kissing thing. Are you seriously worried about that?"

Oh, that thing.

"I-I mean I guess." Taehyung gulped. "I just- like, you are so so tall. At least in my eyes. So yeah, you could say I'm definitely worried about that."

"Hmm what exactly are you worried about?" Jungkook stepped sideways, twirling Taehyung around until they faced each other. His hands were right behind Taehyung's neck, playing with his thick, ebony locks. And the grin, that shit eating grin.

Taehyung raised one of his eyebrows, not quite knowing where to put his hands because no, he could not reach behind Jungkook's neck. "You're such a tease, do you even know that?" He pouted, making Jungkook tip his head back in laughter.

"I'm not teasing you, dummy. I'm just curious!"

"Stop being curious then! It was so embarrassing when I said that out loud." Taehyung whined, settling his hands down on Jungkook's sides. "I dunno, I-"

Oh. They were close. Taehyung hadn't realised that they were only inches apart from each other and choked a little on his words. "I-I just imagined k-kissing...you would be a bit- difficult."

"Difficult huh?" Jungkook's eyes flicked down to Taehyung's lips for a split second before they held eye contact for some time and somehow got so lost in each other that everything else fell away.

Taehyung only registered Jungkook, only wanted to focus on his pretty pink lips and the scar on his cheek, wanted to know where it's from and how long he had it for. The space between them seemed to get smaller the longer they stared and before Taehyung could mentally prepare for what was about to happen, Jungkook put his hands on either sides of his face and leaned in.