04

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"Or you could just ask me to lean down?"

„Fuck." Taehyung closed his eyes, leaning his forehead against the cold tiles of the shower. The water ran down his tense shoulders and should probably soothe his anxiety but it didn't really work. Still, indulging under the shower was different than anywhere else. Maybe more comforting. Taehyung had no idea, not that he cared.

But god damn it.

He recalled the scene so vividly, that he locked eyes with Jungkook, the following awkward silence and the sound of his shoes clicking against the floor when he literally bolted out of the back door. It was pretty cold out when he power-walked home to maybe get his breathing under control but it pretty much had the opposite effect and he found himself in a coughing fit at his front door and the lady next door asked him several times if he had an asthma attack.

Yeah, he should probably go to the gym more often. Definitely.

"You colossal dumbass!"

Taehyung let out a cry, one sounding like someone just hit his little toe with a sledgehammer and he threw his head back to let the water do it's job and wash away the humiliation.

Jungkook really heard him say- that. All of it. He heard Taehyung - involuntarily- confess his feelings in the worst possible moment.

When the memories rushed back into his mind like a wave of embarrassment, Taehyung squeezed his eyes shut and blindly fumbled with the shower curtain, only opening his eyes when he turned off the water and had to get out.

Maybe he'd slip and break his neck?

No, that would be even more embarrassing.

Goosebumps quickly arose on his tanned skin when he dried himself off, droplets of water dripping from his hair down his face.

This was horrible. How in the world would he ever be able to return to work? How could he ever look into Jungkook's eyes again?

Breathe in, breathe out.

The mirror was still fogged up when Taehyung looked in it, making it impossible to see his reflection but he didn't necessarily have to. He already knew how red his cheeks were, he knew how fucked he was.

He went through a quick skincare routine before combing his damp hair with his fingers, feet carrying him out of the bathroom when he thought he looked presentable enough for the pizza delivery guy.

Back in College Jimin would always order pizza when he was sad and he had a pretty big influence on Taehyung when it came to bad habits. Taehyung probably still had pizza in the freezer or other leftover food, maybe even something healthier but why cook when you're upset, right?

The ding of a notification caught Taehyung's attention and he jogged to his phone, hoping it was Deliveroo telling him the food was almost there- nope. It was still Jin.

SEOKJIN: I'm worried, you know?

Taehyung rolled his eyes, plopping down onto the couch and leaning over the edge, arms propped on his thighs.

TAEHYUNG: I hate myself.

Not even a lie. Taehyung did in fact hate himself for talking without thinking. It was a bit insensitive really, maybe Jungkook was weirded out now or straight or didn't want a relationship? How would Taehyung know?

Another ding pulled him out of his thoughts.

SEOKJIN: Don't say that. I know Jungkook okay? I've known him for years. He's a good guy and won't treat you any different.