03

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

The next day came quick, maybe a little too quick for Taehyung's liking.

He had just finished his daily morning shower when he got a text message from his best friend Jimin, asking if he had plans. And Taehyung hadn't, so he quickly texted back and now they were about to meet up and Taehyung was about to gush over Jungkook like he did every time they met.

Really, it was a surprise Jimin didn't put earplugs in to not hear the same stories over and over again but this time it wasn't the same story. Because Jungkook drove Taehyung home the night before and Taehyung was sure that never happened before.

_

„You're kidding," Jimin widened his eyes when Taehyung told him the whole story and how many teasing messages he got from Jin afterwards.

They just settled into Taehyung's couch, wanting to catch up on everything while playing games, watching a few movies and eating a shit ton of unhealthy stuff.

„Nope! Not kidding. I even flirted with him!" Taehyung declared very proud, ignoring that he blushed pretty much 80% of the time he sat in Jungkook's car and let out one and a half flirtatious comment. But let him be proud. He hadn't felt this confident in a very long time.

„Whoa that's-„ Jimin shook his head, lips parting a little. „Progress? I mean- you've been crying about this dude for how many months now?"

„5 months and 2 weeks." Taehyung didn't hesitate when he replied and had a sheepish grin tugging on his lips when he caught Jimin rolling his eyes at his answer. „Don't give me that look! He's hot."

„Uh huh. Heard that before."

„Whatever! Point is that he flirted back-„ Not that he had proof but he liked to think Jungkook did in fact flirt back. „and that I'm so going to try and ask him out." At some point, maybe not this week. Or next week. Soon, though.

Jimin raised his eyebrow at that, eyes flickering to the remote in Taehyung's hand. „Right. I totally believe that."

Yeah. He didn't.

Taehyung merely shrugged, not wanting to stretch this Jungkook-topic further than necessary. He could easily talk about Jungkook all day if he wanted, find new things he would gush about like Jungkook's bambi eyes or strong hands or veins or- anything, really. But not today, not now.

„Good. Alright let's do this, I'm so going to beat you." The corners of Taehyung's lips quirked up, showing just how eager he was to beat Jimin's score in Mario Kart. He turned the TV on, followed by the rhythmic hum of the black Nintendo Wii his mother bought him about a decade ago. He preferred it to any any other console, especially if he was playing Mario Kart with Jimin or had rematches in Super Smash Bros. Reminded him of childhood.

„Like that's ever going to happen." Jimin teasingly said and turned his controller sideways, ready to kick Taehyung's ass. „Don't pick Yoshi, I want to be Yoshi."

Right, choosing the character. Jimin always, always chose Yoshi while Taehyung was more of a Bowser kinda guy. Or Baby Peach. There was no in-between.

This time however, he went with Rosalina.

_

About 1 hour and a half in, Taehyung made an inhuman sound as he chucked his controller to the side, grabbing his hair in frustration. This was the 14th time he came in 2nd place and Jimin was 1st, it was sickening.

„Come on Party Pooper!" Jimin chirped in triumph, nudging Taehyung's arm with a smug grin. „I thought you wanted to beat me?"

„And I will!" Taehyung huffed, reaching out to grab his controller again. „Eventually. I'm just warming up."