Chapter 36

Adeline's POV

I have been living with Avery for 2 months ,Me and her have gotten along perfectly we wake up everyday eat and then we leave to work together and then come back home when they close.

The diner has been such a good thing, from what I've seen the old couple that run it are loaded and this was her dream so they went for it. They are very liked people, the diner is always busy and I get paid very well . So far I've saved up 5k and I've still been able to help Avery buy grocery's or my necessities .

I've also gone to a doctor and from what they've told me I'm 2 months , which makes me 4 months . Because our babies grow faster , me and Avery have been trying to think of where I'm going to have this baby, because I can't go to a regular human doctor . But if it comes down to that then I'll have no choice, the health of my baby comes first.

" How are you feeling " asked Avery

" So much better , I stoped throwing up " I said weakly as I tried to get up and help her with the bags she had.

" Girl if you don't sit your ass down " she said quickly placing the bags on the ground as she gently pushed me down .

" I'm just trying to help " I said with a sigh.

" And I very much appreciate that but you're not in the best shape right now " she said with a sigh .

" I know , and I need to get as much done as I can before this baby gets here " I said .

" I know Addy but the baby, you need to be at your best for when it's time" she said.

" I know , it's just I feel so useless. I've been feeling like shit and I can't even do anything. I've thrown up so much that I'm surprised I haven't thrown up any of my organs. Then i feel so weak, my body hurts so much Avery and I don't understand why. I was doing so good. " I told her with a sigh.

" I cant imagine what you're feeling right now Adeline , but you're strong . You've been through so much already. And this baby is growing too fast, you're body is like not going with the growth of the baby. And then you not being with you're mate to help you is also making you weaker .. " she said as she looked at me sadly .

" I miss him " I said.

" I wish we could have worked " I said.

" I know, im sorry you're going through this " she said with a sigh .

" Yea it's whatever I guess , nothing to do about it " I told her getting up.

But as soon as I was on my two feet I was falling down on the ground, " shit " I said as my elbow hit the table .

" Oh my god , Are you okay . Do you need me to take you to the doctor? " asked Avery as she quickly got up to try and help me up.

" I'm fine " I said with tears in my eyes .

" Are we okay? " I asked Emory .

"The baby is okay " she said weakly .

" What's happening to us? " I asked her.

" I don't know , I don't understand it . I just feel weaker as each day goes by . The baby is really draining us Adeline." She said.

" What did Emory say? " asked Avery as she noticed I was back .

" She feels very weak, she said the baby is draining us " I told her quietly.

" Like how could I not be strong enough to carry my own baby like I— I don't get it. " I said as I started crying.

I saw her face change to one of worry , I knew the fact that I got weaker as this baby grew meant I might not be able to survive the birth of the baby. And that scared me , because I had no one to leave my baby with. My baby would have to grown up alone.. just like I did . And I don't want that, my baby deserve a nice home with people that love her.

" Avery ... " I said causing her to look up at me and shake her head.

" Adeline don't " she said as if knowing what I was about to say.

" If I don't survive the birth of my baby when the time comes, I want you to raise my baby. I know you'd do a wonderful job. I trust you with my life , so I'd trust you with my babies " I told her.

" Adeline you know I'd love to , and I would do my best. But Please stop saying this" she said as she hugged me .