First Day in the Lair

"What do you mean?! That breakfast isn't for you!"

Y/N jolted up in bed, the shouting startling them awake. Y/N hissed as pain shot through their entire body from the cuts on their sides.

"what was that?" asked a voice. Y/N looked around, unsure of where they were. As the memories flooded back Y/N turned, swinging their legs off the side of the bed.

Just then, the large turtle who's room Y/N had spent the night in entered with a smile.

"You're awake, good morning," the red clad snapping turtle greeted.

"Good morning Raph, what time is it?" Y/N asked.

"Around like, 9. Why?" He replied.

"Oh crap! I'm so late for class!" Y/N jumped up but fell to their knees from the throbbing pain of their wounds.

"Woah, what did I say yesterday! You can't stand, there is no way you are going to school today, April already has your back with an excuse," Raph ran to their side and helped Y/N to their feet. Y/N sighed and nodded.

"Right, right, okay," Y/N mumbled. They patted the large arms around them helping them stand and smiled up at Raph.

"Uh, come on, Mikey made breakfast, I saved you a plate," Raphael said. Y/N excitedly nodded, they were hungry after everything that had happened yesterday.

Raph picked Y/N up gently and Y/N didn't protest. The snapping turtle carried Y/N out into the kitchen and set them down on a chair at the table.

"Good morning Y/N!" excitedly shouted Mikey as he set a plate of pancakes down in front of Y/N.

"Good morning Mikey," Y/N smiled at the short turtle in orange, his smile making the room feel more calm. Y/N took a bite of the pancakes and was surprised at how good they tasted.

"You made these yourself?!" Y/N asked in disbelief. Mikey nodded and seemed anxious about what they would think.

"They are delicious! Is this a 'Condescending Kitchen' recipe!?" Y/N asked, taking another bite.

"You watch it too?! Yeah! But I added my own touch to them," Mikey replied, his face lighting up.

Raph smiled, happy to see Y/N in a good mood, and left the room to check in with his brothers.

Y/N laughed and assured him they were the best thing they had ever tasted. Michelangelo was ecstatic and the two spent the next half hour talking about the show and food made on it.

"Hey, sorry to interrupt, but Mikey, we got a situation," Leo cut in, entering the room franticly.

"what is it Leo?" Mikey asked, standing up.

"Meat sweats is at it again," he replied.

"who is meat sweats?" Y/N asked.

"oh, you know the pig guy we were fighting when you first met us, him, he is also Rupert Swaggert!" Mikey answered.

"cool, okay, now you know, let's go Mikey," Leo said quickly, using his ōdachi to open a portal. The two jumped through and it closed, leaving Y/N alone in the lair.

Y/N decided that they might as well try and get familiar with the place while the others were gone. Y/N carefully stood up, using the table beside them to keep themself standing as they adjusted to the pain in their torso.

They made their way out into the living room. Empty.

They shuffled into the skate ramp area. No one.

Y/N decided it might be time to remove their bandages and let their cuts breath. So they made their way up to Donnie's lab where he had wrapped them up before and found a pair of scissors. Y/N used them to cut the bandages off and took a deep breath. Their torso expanded, stretching their healing wounds, luckily not drawing any blood.