Chapter 6: Surprise

Q6: when he talks to you, his hands are:

A) by his sides

B) floating around in the air

C) flying about in great gestures

The day had gone by fast. After Hunter had grinned at me at lunch time, I refused to say another word. I was quietly seething, at him and at Angela and Jazz who thought my reaction to him and this stupid checklist was amusing.

I wasn't laughing.

I met Jazz at her car in the car park, waiting for her to arrive for about four minutes.

That was when I pulled out the checklist and begun to read question six.

I wasn't sure what to tick. I'm sure it wasn't C, his hands didn't fly about, although it would be hilariously funny if they did. I giggled a little.

Deep in thought, I didn't hear Jazz bound over to me calling my name.

"Denise!

"Oh, finally," I said in reply.

She glared. "I've been calling your name for ages."

"Sorry. Can we go now? It's kinda cold out here."

"Wait," she yelled as I moved to open the car door. "Don't you wanna know what I know now?"

"Um, sure," I replied. "But in the car - is that okay?"

"Oh. Yeah." And she reached into her bag for her keys and opened the door. I gratefully slid into the passenger seat, rubbing my arms to rid of the cold.

I waited in silence as she backed the car out of the parking space and headed for the road.

"So," I asked, "what's the big news?"

"There's a new boy coming in next week Friday!" she squealed happily.

As long as this boy was hot, the idea of him would keep her going for weeks, nothing would ruin her mood.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Mandy told me in English last period."

Makes sense.

Mandy was our year's class president. She was preppy, geeky and BORING.

It was not possible for normal people to hold a conversation with her. She only was school president because she was the only person remotely organised and bothered to do the job. Her vice-president was as boring as she was.

"I hope he's hot."

Jazz's voice broke me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah," was my only reply. After my bad luck with the last new guy, I wasn't taking any chances.

I felt paper in my hand. I looked down and saw the checklist.

"Jazz, what do you think about question six?"

"Which one's that?" She asked.

I was surprised she didn't know them off by heart.

I recited question six to her. "Do you think it's A) are by his sides; B) floating around in the air; C) flying about in great gestures?"

"B."

I ticked that.

We arrived at my house.

"One last question for this part, and I'm still nowhere near to loving him," I said proudly.

"You'll see," Jazz said. "You've still got a long way to go. Finish the last question when you get inside and add up your score and read the comment." She smiled at me. "See you tomorrow."

As if she wasn't going to call me.

"Bye." And I exited her car, stepping into the cold air. I heard the car leave as I opened my front door with my key. Closing the door, I ran up to my room and jumped on my bed.

I couldn't ignore the checklist as I wanted to read the stupid comment Jazz and Angela had written for me.

I looked at the last question.

Q7: his nickname for you is about:

A) the food you eat and your weight

B) your sense of style

C) your (lack of) relationships

We all know the answer was C.

After the question was:

"That's it! Add up your scores: A = 2; B = 4; C = 6."

I added mine up, my total points came to 34.

There were three point ranges. There was a comment for each one.

"0 - 19". I didn't read that, I couldn't be asked.

"20 - 29". Or that.

Here was mine:

"30 - 42. If you are within this point range then you know that he notices you. He keeps a distance because he doesn't want to get too close. Maybe he's afraid of what you think deep down. Maybe not. But you know that he's in the back of your mind, most of the time. Some of the answers may surprise you because they are the truth and others may have been easy to answer. For now, just remember:

he's thinking of you."

******

What did you think??? Tell me please !! :)

Please check out my "cover for my book competition" on the "covers" club page. I need a new cover so anyone who is good at making covers can enter and I will pick the best one. Please enter!!! Thanks :D

Vote...

Comment...

Fan...

Tolulah Loud x