Rough day ♫ ♡︎

(Asshole leathermouth era Frank fic)

My roommate Frank is an asshole, he always has been and he always will be. No matter what anyone says to him he doesn't change. The only reason we're roommates is because our friend Mikey set us up together when he found out we were both in search of roommates.

Not a second goes by where Frank isn't an asshole and today is no exception. The only difference is today I really didn't need Franks bullshit, it's been the worst day of my life. To start my day my alarm went off thirty minutes late so I was late to work. Then, some customer started screaming at me because I made his coffee 'too hot' (which I cannot control). Next the grocery store I needed to go to was closed so I had to drive forty minutes away to find another one that sells vegan shit.

Other little things have been going wrong and I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown. All I want to do is go home, take a shower, put on comfy clothes and watch Star Wars. Some peace and quiet is all I ask for and I pray Frank is out with his band or something so I can achieve that.

I drive another forty minutes home, throwing a self pity party in my car the whole time. While carrying two heavy grocery bags I open the door and am met with Frank relaxing on the couch with a beer in his hand and some show on the tv. "What has you home so late? Getting fucked or something? Who's the lucky guy?!" He teases. I roll my eyes and place my bags on the counter, "not that you deserve to know, but the near by grocery store was closed so I drove to a different one." I say this with a snappy attitude and it seems to get a rise out of him.

He angrily furrows his eyebrows and walks towards me, "Watch your tone with me princess." I scoff and start putting all my stuff away, "Listen Frank I don't need this bullshit right now. Be a jerk off some other day please." He laughs in a mocking way and gets closer "What' ya call me? A jerk off?"

I nod my head at him and look him in the eyes "I fucking did." Frank rolls his eyes at me and looks me back in the eye, if I didn't know him I'd think he's trying to kill me with this glare "You're a fucking cunt, don't need ya around." My eyes well up with tears and I break the eye contact, "Listen Frank, it's been a rough day and all I ask is to come home and have a nice fucking night! Cant you let me have that for once!" I bite my lip after yelling in his face and look down. He goes silent and for the first time ever I see a little remorse on his face, "y/n..." he trails off.

I storm off to my room and loudly slam the door, making sure to lock it. Tears immediately spill out of my eyes and I can't control it now, I fall onto my bed and loudly sob. I'm sure Frank can hear me and my suspicions are confirmed by Frank knocking on the door, "C'mon princess you know I didn't mean it!" He whines out.

I yell out a broken "Go away!" but don't succeed in getting him to leave. Instead he knocks again, "Not leaving till you open up!". Giving up I wipe my eyes and unlock the door before I open it. Immediately Frank embraces me in a hug and this is the kindest I've ever seen him. He lets go and places his hands on my shoulders, "Rough day?" He asks. I nod my head and we go over to sit on my bed.

"Sugar, y'know I don't mean most of what I say." I bite my lip and stay silent, I want to respond but I can't. My throats dry, it hurts. "I'll be nicer from here on out, I promise." I nod my head once again and he pulls me in for a second time, "I'm sorry y/n". I swallow the lump in my throat, "it's alright Frankie". This is the first time I've used that nickname since before I knew Frank was an asshole.

I can feel him smile against my hair and he leaves a kiss on my forehead. He walks out of my bed room, shutting the door behind him and I quickly fall asleep before I can even change my clothes.