slut shaming - mcr ♫♡︎

(^^ y/n's outfit. also- this one shot will most likely be short cuz it's not really a serious one, just one that was floating in the back of my mind. this takes place during revenge era so basically when mcr was rly getting popular and stuff.)

(y/n's pov)

being the drummer for my chemical romance was fun, but it also had its downfalls. the media didn't really like us most of the time, especially me. being slut shamed in articles constantly and getting homophobic comments for me being a lesbian daily wasn't fun.

it would happen no matter what though, I've learned to deal with it through life.

me and the guys are getting ready for a show and have a interview right after. i throw on some ripped tights, short shorts, a sports bra with a tied up white tank top over it and write "make riot. not war." on it. i also throw on some spiked bracelets alone with some regular ones. i have black eyeshadow that's smoked out and some dark red lipstick on. one of my signature things is dark red lipstick, i wear it every single day.

"you guys ready?" i ask the guys who are all also in this small ass dressing room. we couldn't really afford one for each of us.

i hear 4 different versions of yes as i do some finishing touches on my makeup. we walk out of the dressing room and get our gear ready. my drums are already on stage so i just grab some drum sticks.

i feel my heartbeat pick up and tears form in my eyes, not another fucking anxiety attack. thoughts fill my mind such as what the press is going to have to say about my outfit tonight. or what if i mess up? despite the tough persona i put out things can get to me sometimes.

i race back to the dressing room and grab my meds. i pour some into my hand before washing them down with a sip of beer.

i feel a hand on my shoulder and turn around to see gee, "just breathe y/n."

i focus on my breathing and look him in the eye, "i'm alright" i frantically start cleaning up the small mess i made getting my pills out.

"y/n calm down, worry about this later." he softly touches my hands to stop me from making stuff around.

"right." i let out a sigh and take a deep breath.

"you ready to go out there and do fucking amazing?" he raises his brows.

i nod my head and give him a smile. he was always there for me in the moments my anxiety caught up to me. he's like a older brother to me, he's like a older brother to the whole band.

we walk out of the dressing room and join the other guys as we wait to go onstage. when our manager gives us the okay we get in our places on stage. the first song we're playing is 'helena', it's definitely my favorite on the whole album.

(small nsfw warning!)

once the show finishes were rushed to a interview with some random porn company backstage. they set up their cameras as we all sit down. frank, gerard, the interviewer and i are on the couch, ray is on the ground in front of us and mikeys standing in the back. we've never had a interview with a porn company before, who knows how this will go.

the interview asks us questions about our types and all of that stuff, gerard kinda leads the whole interview and ends up talking about random comics, video games and all that stuff.

the interview asks us what we want to say to the guys who just got done jerking off and now see this on their screen, what a odd question. gerards answer wasn't serious though of course, he said "your moms coming!" i'll admit it made me laugh a little.

when we're almost towards the end of the interview i guess the interviewer noticed i wasn't really talking because she asked a question specifically for me. "y/n, what would you like to say to all the people out there who slut shame you?"

i feel everyone's eyes on me so i decide to not fully be serious and bring the mood down too much, "i say fuck you to them and that their total misogynistic pricks" i clear my throat, "but i also says thanks, it kinda gets me off, i have a degradation kink" i make sure to keep my voice seriously while also letting out a bit of a grin.

the guys break into fits of laughter as do i. i'd say i ended the interview off on a good note. maybe now the amount of slut shaming i face will go down, who knows.