Chapter 10. Lavender or Red?

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

-

"You called him Ayansh." Felix pointed out, looking at Inaaya with narrowed eyes who had her head hung low as she absentmindedly twisted her fork instead of using it for eating the pasta.

Inaaya looked up at him sitting across from her. She was still disoriented from the earlier incident. Everyone almost heard of the accident that took place and even got to know that Ayansh has a hairline fracture. "What?" She asked, unable to comprehend. She hadn't even noticed when Felix came.

"Can I sit here?" Divya inquired, standing with her lunch.

Felix nodded and she took the empty chair.

"You're fine right?" She asked, placing a hand over Inaaya's shoulders.

Inaaya blinked and then nodded. "Yeah."

"By the way did you really call our boss by his name?"

She furrowed her brows. "What?"

Felix heaved a breath of frustration. "You called him Ayansh." He stated. "Up there, when he saved you. You called him by his name as if it was on the tip of your tongue."

"Exactly!" Divya agreed. "You called him twice or thrice and mahn, you were so scared."

Inaaya looked between the two of them and gulped inaudibly. That was an impulsive reaction from her, one that came to her naturally. "It- it just happened." She answered weakly, not finding it in herself to give a convincing justification. "I don't- know. I- "

"Hey, relax." Felix cut her off in a comforting voice. "I'm sorry for asking such a dumb question. I'm sure you panicked or something. You should have your lunch."

Inaaya pushed her plate away. "I'm sorry but I don't really have an appetite." Saying that, she got up and walked out of the cafeteria.

Outside, she encountered Ayansh who was talking with his PA. With slow steps, she approached him as he watched her attentively. Before she could ask him anything, Felix intervened.

"Are you alright Sir?"

"It's just a hairline fracture." Ayansh stated, tearing his gaze off Inaaya. "Is everyone present?" He questioned, referring to the workers.

Felix gave a quick nod. "I'll send them to your office. Hope it doesn't hurt much." He expressed, looking at the cast. "Take care."

"Thanks." He mumbled. "And ask them to wait. Inaaya," he turned his head to her, "in my office. Now."

Quietly, Inaaya followed him in the adjacent elevator.

On reaching, Ayansh held his cabin door open for Inaaya to enter. With a little hesitance and a little awkwardness, she walked inside as Sameer eyed them curiously and watched the door fall shut after Ayansh.

The office was spacious enough but at that time, Inaaya couldn't help but feel confined as if she was treading on a dangerous territory.

"How's your hand?" She asked slowly, carefully, looking up at him only to find his intrigued gaze on her. He was standing a few steps away from her and not on the other side of the table.