Whos Cookies

The Grinch was playing on the TV as the Avengers sat around enjoying the classic. It took them a while to decide on a movie but after The Grinch was suggested and insisted upon but the four youngest, they all agreed.

Bucky was watching the movie just as intently as Morgan, but without all the expressions and loud laughter. He enjoyed the movie quietly with varying levels of confusion as it played.

Nat had seen the movie before and spent most of the time watching Bucky's minuscule reactions.

About twenty minutes in Bucky leaned over to Nat, pointing to Cindy Lou Who, and whispered, "Can you do your hair like that?"

She looked between him and the screen. "What will I get if I do?"

"Cool hair," he said, "I think it'd look good in red."

Nat looked back at the screen, inspecting the girl's hair. "I don't think my hair's long enough," she told him, smiling at the look of concentration that took over his features.

"Wanda," he muttered to himself so quietly Nat could barely hear.

Wanda, obviously, didn't respond because she couldn't hear him. Peter did and nudged her foot, calling her.

"Yes?" Wanda said, looking over at him from her spot in front of the couch. She was laying on the floor with Morgan snuggled under a fluffy blanket.

He shrugged, gesturing to Bucky. "Bucky said your name."

"You said my name," she said.

"Yeah 'cause you didn't hear Bucky," Peter said.

"Oh," Wanda said turning to Bucky, "Yes?"

Bucky didn't say anything, he hadn't expected Peter to hear and get her attention so he wasn't prepared to say anything.

"He wants to know if you could do your hair like Cindy Lou Who," Natasha said for him, and he sent her a grateful look.

Wanda looked up at the TV, then started nodding with a huge smile. She sat up quickly, crossing her legs and taking a deep breath. Her hands started glowing red.

"You're going to use your powers to do your hair?" Sam asked her skeptically.

"Yes. It is a very useful skill," Wanda said, closing her eyes to try and concentrate better.

"He wouldn't know," Peter said and Tony chuckled proudly.

"I like my hair kid," Sam said, glaring.

"Sorry," Peter mumbled with a smile that said otherwise.

Suddenly there was a flash of red and everyone turned to Wanda. Her hair was up, perfectly resembling Cindy Lou Who's except for the color.

"Did I do it?" Wanda asked.

"Yes!" Morgan shouted, "It looks so good!"

Wanda beamed and turned to Bucky to see his reaction. A small smile was making its way onto his face as he looked between her and the paused screen. 

He didn't realize that it stayed for the rest of the movie.

"If his heart really grew three times, wouldn't he explode?" Morgan asked as the movie came to a finish. 

"I don't think he'd explode," Pietro said and for half a second Pepper was proud. "A heart is softer than ribs. Probably crush all of his organs though. Maybe spit up some blood?"

Morgan nodded thoughtfully and Pepper turned to Pietro giving him a disapproving motherly look. He gave her a cheery smile and a thumbs up.

"That was just fiction," Tony said waving it off, "Bodies don't work like that, right Bruce?"