Chapter 5: If Looks Could Kill...

Start from the beginning

We sat silently.

When the rest of the class was in their seats, Mr Chambers began the lesson.

The class was silent as he gave us our individual work, stating that we didn't

need to talk in order to do it.

What crawled up his ass and died?

"The reason I have moved you around for this geometry unit," he decided to explain at the end of the lesson, "is because there will be a project that you will have to do with the person sitting next to you. I will give the file, which explains what you have to do, to you tomorrow."

I looked at Hunter, choosing not to mask the horror on my face.

He smiled, leaned in close to me and whispered, "This is going to be so much fun."

*

I could kill myself.

I said as much to Angela as we walked out of the lesson.

"I couldn't. I'm working with Chase."

Way to cheer me up.

Chase had been her school crush since last year when he helped her with herEnglish assignment.

"Angela," I said. "We are talking about the predicament I am in."

Angela sighed. "Get over it. It's not really a big deal, nothing is going to

happen, unless you count the two of you having some ultra-hot make out session."

She grinned.

I slapped her arm. "There is no way that will happen. I know he's going to torment me, he said "this is going to be fun". Do you know what that means?"

"Um, yeah," she replied. "That he can't wait to work with you, especially because he knows that you will both get an A since you are the smartest in the class."

"No!" I cried. "It means that he's gonna make my life a living hell!"

"You over exaggerate, D." And she shook her head.

We entered the classroom we had biology in, walking to the back where Jazz sat.

I sat in the middle of my friends, Jazz to my right.

"Who did you get paired with in maths?" She asked me.

I banged my forehead on the table in my frustration. Most of the people on the classroom looked back at me as if I was strange.

Jazz looked to Angela.

"Hunter," Angela whispered.

Jazz laughed. "Why is that such a big deal?" she asked me.

I just looked at her. What about this didn't they understand?

Angela answered for me. "She thinks he's going to torment her."

I don't think, I know.

Just then, our teacher, Ms Bow walked into the class.

Silence landed.

*

Ewww.

It's disgusting.

Jazz, Angela and I watch as Hunter spotted Darla, the "queen bee" of our school across the lunch hall.

If I can explain.

See, something I forgot to mention is that Hunter is a basketball player. He's the team captain, he replaced Danny Evans who left at the end of the last school year, just like that.

So quickly because of his amazing skills.

Not that I would tell him that to his face, but I can admit it in my head. I've seen him play.

He's pretty amazing.

Anyway, this means that all the girls in our year have crushes on him, well,

apart from the three of us. Even the geeks do.

Darla, the most popular girl in our year has her eyes on being the first girl to

sleep with him. She's a cheerleader, the captain actually, so she thinks that

it's her right to be his first girlfriend at Hillcrest Academy.

Hunter was accepted into the popular crowd immediately, becoming best friends with Chase, Angela's crush, and Dean. Both were the most popular boys in the year.

Back to the present, Hunter was watching Darla, who wore a pink skirt so short I

could see her butt, a green vest top which was showing her cleavage and white

pumps on her feet.

She screamed "slut" but we'll pretend she's nice, for now.

Hunter smiled slowly at the sight of her, almost seductive. When she noticed, she smiled back, flirting.

"I can't watch anymore."

Angela and Jazz looked at me.

"I know what you mean," Jazz agreed. "It gets kind of sickening after a while."

We turned back and continued with our lunch.

"What's the next question on your checklist?" Angela asked.

I brought the checklist out.

Q5: when he sees a girl he thinks is hot, he:

A) gives them a genuine smile

B) leers

C) grins and flirts

I read it aloud, but quietly so that no-one else could hear.

"Well," Jazz said. "We know the answer to that one now." And gestured with her head to Hunter who was now sitting with Darla at the popular table, making out.Her back was towards us but Hunter was facing towards us, not that he could see

us, he was too busy sucking face with Ms Cheerleader.

"Yup," I replied and ticked C. I looked back at the pair who were kissing like

there was no tomorrow.

I glared because I knew that Darla was going to be going on and on about it in

history tomorrow.

Suddenly, Hunter lifted his head, looked straight at me and smiled knowingly.

*****

This chapter is pretty long... Too long? Or alright? How was it? How do you think the story will progress?

Vote...

Comment...

Fan...

Tolulah Loud x