chapter 5

"Wait, so Ophelia did you know you were a wizard growing up or-?" Dean asks the girl who is yet to sit down in her seat yet

"Well, yes my aunt and uncle told me when I was like 6? But I had to pretend I was a muggle up until I joined Hogwarts," the girl says sitting down before Ophelia could say anything else Moody had come limping into the classroom.

"Alastor Moody." The man turns around aggressively writing on the blackboard. "Ex Auror, ministry malcontent. Your new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher...I'm here because Dumbledoor asked me, end of story. Goodbye. The end......Any questions?" The man looks around the class of fourth years vigorously.

"When it comes to the Dark Arts...I believe in an practical approach!" Ophelia and Harry look at each other in unison with confused expressions "First, which of you can tell me...how many unforgivable curses there are....?"

"Three sir." Hermione answers shakily

"And they are soul named?!"

"Because they are unforgivable. Any use of one of them will-"

"Earn you a one way ticket to Askaban! Correct. Now the Ministry says your too young to know what these curses do! I say different. You need to know what your up against! You need to be prepared! You need to find a place to put your chewing gum then the underside of your desk Mr, Finnigan!"

Seamus sighs and turns to a random Ravenclaw boy, "Ah, no way. The old codger can see at the back of his head."

Moody turns around throwing a piece of chalk at the boy, causing everyone to duck, "And hear across classrooms!"

"So, which curse shall we see first?! Weasley!"

"Yes.." Ron flinches suddenly

"Stand!....Give us a curse."

"Well, my dad did tell me about one.....the imperious curse-"

"Oh yeah, your father would know all about that. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why." The man takes a large spider from a glass jar, "Engrogio. Imperio." The man places the spider on Crabbe's head who scrunches up in fear, "Don't worry it's completely harmless!"

He then sends the spider onto Padma's arm as Ophelia smiles before, it got sent to Ron's head he scrunches up his face as Ophelia laughs at her best friend as Draco laughs a little too loudly, "What ate you laughing at?" Mad eye moves his wand to Draco's nose as Goyle aggressively tries to take it off, she looks over to Ron who is also laughing along with Harry.

"Talented isn't she! Whatever should I do next, Jump out the window....drown herself........scores of Witches and Wizards have claimed that they only did you - know - who's bidding. Under the imperious curse. But here's the rub, how do we sort out the liars. Now who's next?....come on." The man directs to Neville who awkwardly sits there.

"Longbottom is it? Professor Sprout tells me you have a aptitude for Herbology?"

Neville nods quickly, "T-there's T-the Uhm the Cruciatus."

"Correct! Correct! Come, come.....particularly nasty the torture curse. Crucio!" Neville closes his eyes at the uncomfortable sight.

Ophelia looks around too see if anyone else was paying attention to what was going on at the front, "Stop it! It's bothering him what's wrong with you! Stop!"

Mad eye stops and clears his throat before walking over to the girl, "Uh- Miss Black? Perhaps you could give us the last unforgivable curse."

Ophelia clears her throat slightly, "Uhm. The. The Avarda Kadarvra curse..sir." Ophelia slightly tilts her head down to table.

"Oh, yes your father would know all about that one."

Ophelia looks up shooting daggers at the man, Mad eye fixes his wand to the creature. "Avarda Kadarvra!"

"The killing curse, there's only one person who's known to have survived it. And he's sitting right next to me." Mad eye says drinking something out of his flask.

————

Ophelia walks out of class, as Ron, Harry and Hermione follow the girl. "I can't believe he would mention those things about my father! I mean. Did he really have to bring it up? He could have easily killed the spider without mentioning something my father apparently did. Which in reality was absolutely nothing" Ophelia says as her and Ron fall behind Harry and Hermione,

"Seems a little Madder than I thought to me-"

"There's a reason all those curses are unforgivable," Hermione says as Ophelia and Ron catch up to her and Harry. "I mean did you see Neville's face?"

The quartet walk down the winding stairs to find Neville facing a window, his head against it not saying anything to anyone. "Neville?" Ophelia sends the boy a sympathetic look and places her hand on his shoulder.

Mad eye shoves the girl out the way, then standing beside Neville, "You alright, Son?" Neville nods slowly and to everyone's knowledge fibbing, "Come, we'll have a cup of tea."

Ophelia carries on walking down the stairs with her three best friends, "Told you something was off, see what he did with the Cruciatus curse now Neville is completely distraught."