chapter 1

Ophelia looks around the train no sign of Ron or Harry, "Oh hey Hermione!" Ophelia hugs her best friend before sitting in a compartment with her and Ginny

"Hey Ophelia, It's been a while! Have you seen Ron or Harry?" She asks the dark brunette as Ophelia just shakes her head.

Ophelia's hair had grown slightly longer over the summer, her and her aunt and uncle had spent most of the summer in Greece.

She had also been invited onto the Gryffindor Quidditch team because of her actions earlier in her first year.

"Hey Ginny!" Ophelia smiles at the ginger girl who looks slightly nervous yet very excited to start at Hogwarts.

"Hey....Ophelia I'm very excited I hope I get into Gryffindor I mean everyone else in my family is!" She smiles back.

"Oh Gin, I'm sure you will......yea Hermione where are Ron and Harry?"

—————

"Ugh I haven't even seen them once all day, where are they!" Ophelia says slightly angrily sitting down at her seat in the great hall.

"I'm sure they will turn up they probably couldn't find us or something?" Hermione questions at the girl wondering if the two had even made it to Hogwarts.

"How many compartments are there for them to not be able to find their two best friends?!"

Before the girl could say anything else Harry and Ron come walking through looking guilty before sitting down next to the two girls who had been waiting for them the entire train  and carriage ride Ophelia turns her head slowly to look at Harry who was next to her before clearing her throat slightly to get his attention.

"Harry?....Harry??....." She rolls her eyes slightly at the boy, "Harold!"

"What?" Harry looks down again guilty Ophelia narrows her eyes at the two boys wondering what they have done.

"What happened? And where were you two on the train ride" Hermione steps in.

"Uh well uh let's explain later....when there isn't like the rest of the school here!" Ron says looking equally guiltily as Harry.

——————

"Good morning everyone!" Professor Sprout says walking into the classroom at the second years carry on their conversations without hearing the woman.

"Good morning everyone!" She speaks up a little louder tapping a plant pot next to her to get everyone's attention.

"Good morning professor Sprout!" The class says in unison

"Welcome to greenhouse three, second test. Now gather round everyone. Today we're going to re-pot Mandrakes, who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root....yes miss Granger?"

Hermione straightens her posture and clears her through slightly before speaking "Mandrake or Mandragora is used to return those who've been petrified to their original state. It's also quite dangerous, the Mandrakes cry is fatal to anyone who hears it."

"Excellent 10 points to Gryffindor!!"

Ron and Harry look at Hermione impressed as Ophelia smiles and pats Hermione on the back as Draco gives a disgusted look at the Gryffindor.

"Now, as our Mandrakes and still only seedling their cries won't kill you yet...but they could knock you out for several hours which's is why I've given each of you and pair of earmuffs, for auditory protection. So could you please put them on right away....flaps tight down and watch me closely!"

"You grasp your Mandrake firmly, you pull it sharply out of the pot!!" Professor Sprout lifts the Mandrake out of the pot making Ophelia cover her earmuffs with the noise. "And now, you dunk it down into the other pot and pour a little sprinkling of soil to keep him warm"

Professor Sprout sighs, "Longbottom has been neglecting his earmuffs"

Seamus looks up from the boy "no ma'am he's just fainted."

"Yes, we'll just leave him there....right on we go plenty of pots to go around! Grasp your Mandrake and pull it out!"

Everyone pulls out the Mandrake as Ophelia and Ron share a disgusted look at the screaming plant.