Chapter 32 - Soreness

Start from the beginning

"I know but I just don't want to lose you again." My eyes filled with water and he hugs me.

I want him to promise that he'll always come back to me but I know he can't make a promise like that.

Promise is a comfort to a fool. My subconscious says in a reminding tone.

And that too.

"One a mi links dem show me a pree bout yuh case and according to you, it was a robbery." Enzo pulled away to say.

I sniffled and furrowed my brows. "What are you talking about? What case?"

"When yuh get shot." He says. "Why yuh tell eh police seh a robbery?"

Ohhh. That.

I actually forgot about that little lie.

"Well," I started. "First of all, I didn't understand the whole situation but I knew it involved you when the guy was asking for you."

Memories came flooding and I felt overwhelmed.

That was the most traumatic thing I ever had to experience and I wish I could just forget about it all and live like it never happened.

I started again. "Even though you hurt me, I still cared about you and I didn't want anything to happen to you especially since I didn't know what it really was about. I was afraid you were involved in something gang-related or illegal so I lied that it was a robbery because I didn't want you going to prison or anything."

Enzo's POV

I was conflicted.

She cared about me even after I hurt her.

Other than my mother, I never knew what it's like to have another woman care for me until now.

I didn't think it was capable.

But at the same time, I don't know how to feel about the lying.

I feel guilty that she got involved with my problems when I shouldn't have allowed it to happen in the first place.

Mi nuh waah Allison involved inna di other side a mi life and mi appreciate seh she can think pon har feet.

But in spite of that, false information to the police is a serious crime offence and Allison could face serious jail time for that.

Jah know to pussyclaat.

I found out this morning that she lied to the police about what happened that day.

I've been trying to get rid of loose ends because I can't allow Allison to go to prison because of me.

"I didn't get you into trouble did I?" She asked in anticipation.

"No." She exhales. "Yuh more fi get mi outta trouble but mi nuh waah yuh deh get involved inna dem kinda sumn ya."

I looked at her soft delicate features.

My chest warmed at the angel before me.

First oman mi rate inna real life.

"Mi aguh mek sure yuh nuh get caught up inna dem sumn ya again." I told her.

"But if it means getting you out of trouble, I'd do anything. " She says and I sighed.

Fi Allison get me outta trouble, a guh get she inna trouble and a dat mi a try avoid.

"Mi can tek care a mi self. I don't want you to worry about me." I told her standing up.

"That's off the table."