02. Surprise, Surprise

- Vincent Moretti - 

- Vincent Moretti - 

I drowned another glass of beer, as I rested my second arm on the bar. "Another round?" the bar tender questioned, but for the first time that night, I shook my head. I wasn't about to black out, not at a time like this.

"Where have you been?!" a voice made everyone turn to look at the doorway, but I just bowed my head, not bothering to join the stares. I didn't even respond to his question. There was no point. They were going to find me here one way or another.

"Where have you been?" the voice threatened again, sending chills down my spine as I hadn't heard the person walk closer to me. "I asked you a question, you should answer it"

What was there to answer? That I was so confused and scared of what may happen when my father dies?! "What does it look like?" I retorted, looking up at my older brother.

His face was cold and dark. He looked at me like I was just another one of his clients, and maybe, to him, I was one of his clients that he had to deal with on a workday.

And weirdly enough, the thought of that didn't hurt me. Whether it be that because I was so highly intoxicated at the moment that I felt nothing, not even the people that were still staring at my brother and I, or that I had completely lost it.

"You're drinking your sorrows away because you don't know how to feel. I get that, but we need to stick together as a family. We can't have you drunk when the press is all over us" of course that would be what he things about.

Lorenzo was the one that always had to fix our family image. He made it perfect. Always checked what the press thought about us and made sure that we changed it. I would praise him for that, but right now I could care less what the press could think about us.

They could hate on us or give us pity, but nothing will change the fact that my father could die and never be able to hug one of us ever again. I mean, we don't hug often but when we do, we are usually at a lowest and it means a lot.

But right now, our family is at the lowest and no one is here to fix it besides maybe Lorenzo. "I don't care" I muttered, sliding my way out of the bar stool I was sitting at. "Ace is coming home" Lorenzo whispered in a threatening tone.

Ace was coming home. Ace was coming home!?

Ace was coming home!

"Ace is finally coming home?" I whispered back, my eyes lighting up in excitement. I had really missed my little brother. He would hate to admit it, but the two of us used to be close. I don't know what happened, but it was probably because I threw myself into work.

And now drinking alcohol whenever something bad happens.

"Yep" Lorenzo then slung an arm around my shoulders, dragging me somewhere. "And Vincenzo will be there"