"What's my princess doing hm?" I walk close to her, sitting on the edge of her bed as she gets off Scarlett's lap to come over to me.

"Me and Scarwlt pway." The smile on Dalia's face puts me at ease, her smile makes it so easy to not stay angry anymore.

"I- should go," Scarlett says, standing up from the floor before she could go, I take hold of her hand and stop her.

"Stay." I breathe out and in milliseconds my heart palpitates just by touching her. She lets go of my hand, giving me a small smile before sitting beside me but leaving a fair amount of gap between us. Dalia lets go of me and run towards her toys, leaving the silence between Scarlett and me.

From the corner of my eye, I notice the smile still on her face, she looked effortlessly perfect sitting down—she wasn't in her usual attire, no red lipstick, no heels—just Scarlett. I notice the tiny freckles on her face, one that would normally be hidden.

She—she looked like her true self.

"She's an angel." Scarlett breaks the silence between us, her head tilts towards me and my only response was a nod. It was as if I lost my words for her. I didn't know what to say.

It was quiet again, but it was the silence among us that gave us comfort. It never occurred to me that I'd be sitting like this with a woman—and for it to be Scarlett, I can't help but be silent. It was like a peace, a solace between us that we needed.

"She's my entire world." It takes me a moment to think of what to say back to her.

"I can see that. She doesn't stop talking about you, you know? She loves you so much." Hearing that from her somehow puts my heart at rest because she's seeing it herself—how much I care for my daughter.

"This is why the Stanelys want to take her away from me. They know she only wants me in her life." Sighing, I keep my eyes on Dalia who was drawing something on a piece of paper.

"Why are you telling me this?" She asks and then I remember what she said last time about finding out everything herself.

"You're my lawyer, you should know." Glaring at her, her eyes soften my way and she lets out a chuckle, scoffing right after.

"Find a new line, Elijah. I know I'm your lawyer. But with the information I have, I know everything that I need to know." She rolls her eyes and it makes me chuckle at her words. "I know what the Stanleys are like." She sighs, her hands fidgeting together as she speaks.

"That's nothing Scarlett. They could do worse and they will." I tell her, she presses her lips together and I could tell she was scared about it. I try to reach out for her hand but she moves them away before I could.

"Dada! Dada! Scarwlt!" Getting cut off by Dalia, I clear my throat and look in her direction as she comes running over to me.

"Yes, baby what is it?" I exclaim and she hands her drawing to me, sitting in the middle between Scarlett and me. Skimming the photo, my heart drops and my gut wrenches when I see her drawing. I glance at Scarlett who was just as shocked as I was.

"This, dada is me, you and Scarwlt!" She jumps up, throwing her hands in the air, I almost choke looking at the drawing and I notice Scarlett still, staring at the drawing too. She snatches the paper from me and hands it to Scarlett, "Scarwlt, look!"

"I-I um it's beautiful Dalia." Scarlett stutters, my heart playing with me as I now realise why Dalia drew this.

"Scarwlt stay wit me and dada pwease." I watch Dalia as she pleads to Scarlett, the tremble on her lips was so obvious that I knew she didn't know what to say.