He shakes his head. "No, if she's nice, be friends with her."

"Who's this Atharva though?" Yuvaan questions. He can't just let it go, can he?

"My friend." Agastya answers. "I think she likes him."

I scoff. "If I just look at the opposite gender for more than one second, you guys instantly assume I like them. I'm still not over Sam." I add the lie casually.

Vivaan sighs in disappointment while Yuvraaj shakes his head.

"It's honestly so unfair how you guys treat each other than how you treat me!" I remark bluntly. "Just because I'm a girl I'm not allowed to make guy friends?"

"Yes." Yuvraaj answers.

I open my mouth to counter his words when he raises his hand. I fall silent in defeat.

"I said it before and I'll say it again. You'll not surround yourself with guys that I don't approve of."

"And where are the guys that you approve of?" I ask sarcastically.

"Here," he stretches his hand in the direction of my five brothers.

I roll my eyes. "Well, why not the same rules for them? Why can't they surround themselves with the girls that you approve of?" I argue.

He pinches the bridge of his nose.

Right, when someone speaks sense, act frustrated.

"Because we're men," Agastya states.

I make a sour face at him. "You seriously believe that's a valid argument?" I ask him, concerned for his future. "And you expect him to take law?" I look at Yuvraaj in disbelief.

Surprising us, Dad's the first one to snicker at my statement. He clears his throat and mumbles an apology before picking up the glass of water to take a sip.

"Girls are easier to manipulate -"

"Bullshit." I cut him off angrily.

"Taranya," he says sternly. "Don't cut me off."

I resist the urge to roll my eyes at him.

"You're young, still sixteen. World outside is far more scarier than what you're aware of. Why do you think Dad and I reached there immediately after you sent us that email?" He asks rhetorically. "Do you know what I went through when he told us about your existence? I felt incapable and powerless. Before the realisation could even sink in that I've a sister somewhere out there, my first thought was how to bring you back here safe. I've spent more than half of my life protecting my siblings. And you Taranya, you're the weakest link of all. So think bad of me if you want. Hate me, swear at me. But do not cross me. Do not defy me. I'd rather have you hate me for the rest of your life than watch you making stupid decision for something as illusionary as love and ruin your life for someone who would never deserve you."

I blink uncomfortably and slouch in my seat, unable to refute his words or form a coherent reply. It's not that he said something extremely heartwarming or sweet. No, he was still rude about it, but indirectly so, he still confessed he cares for me, wants to protect me, not for the sake of his reputation, not because the world has eyes on us, but because he truly wants to be there for me.

"Alright," Vivaan begins, his tone light as he tries to dissipate the thick tension. "Let's not bring up boys until our little star turn legal, okay?"

"Twenty max," Agastya putforths his unwanted opinion.

I exhale heavily.

"What? No, twenty is still young. At least twenty two." Yuvaan joins the cult.

I hear Dad chuckle and nudge him on the elbow. I'm here being threatened with the fate of virgin mary and he's seeking fun from my miseries.