Chapter 16: Storm

Start from the beginning

"She's upstairs in my house," he informed them.

Both Maze and Amenadiel froze for a moment looking shocked.

"What? Maze proclaimed. "Did you neutralize her?"

"I couldn't, I didn't know how she would react -- the Detective was with me," he responded exasperatedly.

Amenadiel sprang in. "Get Chloe out of here. Maze and I will see what we can do."

Lucifer looked conflicted.

"It's okay, get Chloe to safety," Maze advised.

"Be careful." He said to Maze but his eyes lingered on Amenadiel.

It dawned on Chloe then - the morning they had all been so freaked out they had found out Lilian was in town.

Wordlessly Lucifer got into her car. She drove them to her house asking questions but Lucifer didn't answer in any sort of detail, he was strangely quiet and distracted.

"Mommy." Trixie hugged her as the babysitter opened the door. Dan had arranged the sitter as it was a pro d day and there was no school.

"Hey, monkey." Her daughter's eyes grew wide when she spotted Lucifer and immediately threw herself at his legs in an exuberant hug.

Lucifer flinched but didn't react with his usual abhorrence. Chloe paid the sitter and let her go.

"Trix come on let Lucifer come in and sit down."

Trixie let go of the man's legs but then grabbed his hand and dragged him over to the sofa. She stared at him. "Are you okay - you look really sad?"

Chloe quietly put the kettle on. She figured maybe a cup of tea would help get Lucifer talking. She saw him focus on Trixie.

He spoke in a monotone. "My mum is in town."

Trixie looked puzzled. "Then why are you sad?'

When he didn't answer her eyes went wide. "Is she mean to you? Did she hit you? Billy Smith's mom used to hit him so he went away to live with his dad." she explained.

"No," he responded softly. "She never hit me."

"Was she mean to you?"

He snorted and nodded. "You could say so."

Trixie didn't like seeing her friend so seemingly hurt; she reached over, threw her arms around his neck, and patted his back. "It's okay, mommy and I will make you feel better and you won't have to be sad anymore."

Chloe's heart swelled watching her daughter trying to comfort the devil. She went over quickly to rescue him. "Okay, sweetie, could you please go and clean your room -- you promised to do it last week. I need to talk to Lucifer."

"Okay." She reluctantly let him go but not before planting a kiss on his forehead. "But don't yell at him -- he's hurt," Trixie informed her looking very much like the devil's little guardian. A mini Maze. The next thing she would want was a black leather outfit and some daggers. Chloe shook her head to dispel the image.

"I won't, I promise. I know he's upset." She assured her. She went and brought over the tea.

"When you met her what did she say to you?" Lucifer focused on her.

She didn't know what was going on but he seemed so agitated she calmly told him how they had met. How the three of them had gone out for a bite to eat after the movie ended. "Your mom is a very charming fun woman. I like her." She paused then flatly stated, "She's the reason you were all so upset last week...isn't she? Why Lucifer, what did she do?"