8. You're all vampires

Mia stared vacantly in the direction that Oli had left, her head suddenly heavy as her lack of sleep caught up with her. The coffee hadn't had much of an effect on her, so she decided to head back up to her room for a nap. Realising once again she had forgotten to eat, she grabbed a vegan pastry from the breakfast buffet as she exited the dining area. As she swiped the keycard, her phone buzzed in her pocket. Glancing at the screen as she closed the door behind her, she saw Gerard's name in the notification bar. She kicked off her shoes and flopped onto the bed to read the message. 

Mia dropped another quick message to Mike letting him know that all was ok to which he just replied with a "thumbs-up" emoji, so she assumed he was busy. She set an alarm on her phone for 12pm to give herself enough time to grab a bit of food before she went to meet Oli and the band. She chuckled to herself; just hours ago she was uneasy about meeting Oli for breakfast. Now, it felt almost natural to her, not to mention that she now considered Gerard to be one of her closest friends.

As she settled down into the bed properly, Mia ran over thoughts from meeting Oli that morning that didn't quite make sense to her. She had been so angry with him at the beginning; she really didn't want to end up liking him almost more than she did before he hurt her, but almost the instant she saw him, she knew he was different. She'd had trust issues because of ex-boyfriends that had hurt her in the past, so why was Oli so different? She soon drifted off and slept soundly until she was woken just before her alarm by a dream similar to the ones from last night, but she wasn't afraid of the creatures this time. Oli's face was smiling and his cosmetic vampire fangs shone out as much as the darkness in his devilish eyes.

Mia shook her head as she pulled herself into an upright position on the bed, slinging her feet straight back into her vans and dragged herself over to the bathroom to wake up properly. Grimacing as she looked into the mirror, she shoved a toothbrush in her mouth and splashed her face with water. She straightened out her t-shirt and sprayed some body spray under and over it quickly before touching up her eye makeup and shoving her hair into a messy bun, leaving her side-parted fringe to hang in front of her face. She chuckled at how it fell, reminiscent of how she had worn it as a teenager who was constantly on MySpace, but she smiled still - it seemed like it was a good style for today. She grabbed her shoulder bag with her purse and phone and headed back down to the hotel foyer and back through to the dining area to grab something to eat. Thankfully, they had some vegan grab-bags containing a vegetable wrap, falafel and hummus, and some quinoa crisps so she took one to eat on her way out to the site, as well as a bottle of water.

As she headed across to the site, she swigged her water and tried to relax herself. She waved to Andy as she passed through and he gave her a half-salute in return before continuing with his work. She still had another 20 minutes or so until she went to meet Oli, so she perched on a nearby bench and ate some of the food she'd brought with her, opting for the veggie wrap first.

Around 12.55pm, Mia found herself within sight of the same rehearsal tent she had found only a little more than 24 hours earlier. She could see the makeshift barrier much clearer this time; it was much more sturdy and evidently it was there to keep people out. A few feet away, she could see Oli pacing, looking at the ground and kicking at random tufts of grass. He kept fiddling with his beanie and he glanced up as he heard Mia approach. His manner changed and the apparent nervousness dropped as he jogged over to greet her. He leant down and gave her a quick hug as he said "Hi", and let her over to an entrance on the other side of the rehearsal tent that she hadn't noticed before.