-88-

Not edited.

Lucas wasn't happy. Hell he was less than not happy. He was furious. He was pîssed to the max!

He prowled through the house, just wandering from room to room as he waited for Tara and Peter to come back.

Ok so the letter wasn't a hoax, a ploy to get his wife out of the house and God knows what! Peter had called and spoken to Maggie. Tara's Grandmother was real... but still! They had no idea when they left if they should believe it or not.

A letter that was dated two years ago just happening to turn up? Bullshít! It had to be somewhere and he intended to sit his wife down and ask her where the hell she got it from. Something wasn't right with this scenario and he fully intended to get to the bottom of it.

Letters don't miraculously arrive two years later! What the hell was Peter thinking to risk Tara like that? Hell! He'd have words with him as well!

Where the hell were they?

It was getting dark and peak hour traffic should be over by now... so where the hell was Tara? They should have been back hours ago. Where the hell were they? Had there been an accident? Was she all right? Hell! Maybe he should call the hospital... no... the letter was real. Her Grandmother was real. That's been confirmed but... the threats to her safety were still very real. He should have been notified at least when they left the house... and why the hell didn't she call him herself to take her in the first place?

That's what husbands do. They support their wives in times like these... and if by some horrible reason her life had been in danger then he at least would have been there to protect her!

They didn't even take one of his men with them! She was out there and vulnerable and...

Lights!

Reflecting through the hall were lights that were coming up the driveway. Within seconds he was out the door and watching... it was them... Thank God!

Peter hadn't turned off the car in the garage when the passenger door flew open startling both him and Tara.

A bright red faced Lucas lent in and undid Tara's seatbelt and pulled her from her seat into his arms, holding her so close it was almost impossible to breath.

"Don't you ever do something like this again! Don't you have any idea just how dangerous it is for you to be out there at the moment without protection?"

"I was with Peter" her words were gasped out as Lucas swung his head to look at the older man.

"Why? What were you thinking Peter? My wifes life..."

"Wasn't in any danger. She was with me. She was safe." Peter rolled his eyes and slammed his door shut as he looked at Lucas across the top of his car.

"But how could you know? It could have been a hoax!"

"It wasn't." Peter stated firmly as he walked around the car.

"Don't you see Peter? It could have been! I was home for over an hour before you rang Maggie. Anything could have happened in that time and no one had a clue..."

"Lucas" Tara whimpered "can't breathe"

Lucas looked down at Tara completely horrified and loosened his grip... but wouldn't let go.

"Oh shît baby! I'm sorry! Are you ok?"

Tara nodded as she dragged in a gulp of air.

"I saw my Grandma.... she's alive and..."