-36-

Not edited.

Tars sat amused as Jones and Adam argued which one of them were her official unofficial big brother. Each one argued a point as quickly as the other counteracted it.

"What if I don't want either of you?"

Jones and Adam swung around to look at her with horrified looks on their faces before Adam's became stern and he was pointing a jabbing finger in the air with squinted eyes.

"Don't you even joke about something like that young lady! We'll ground you if you ever say abything like that again!"

He looked at Jones who looked at him and gave a defined nod in agreement before turning back and crossing his arms.

Maggie sat giggling at the antics. She really missed the way that these three joked around each other.

When they first arrived at the beach house Tara was shy, withdrawn and hurting beyond belief. Apart from softly muffled 'hellos' to Adam and Jones she didn't speak to them at all until almost six weeks later when their competitive bantering had them asking for her opinion and left her laughing at them.

It was the first laugh they'd heard from her and as happy as it made them feel they couldn't help but fight back the tears that formed before she saw them. It was a magical day for them all.

Now here she was and it was as if she'd never left. Her very presence brought a new light into the house. A light that had been missing since the moment she was gone. Now there had to be some way they could get her to come home. This was where she belonged; here, in the beach house with them.

Maggie had to admit she'd cursed Lucas more than once for hurting her little girl. That boy had no idea what he'd done. It was Keiran who, like a true friend, had stuck up for Tara and opened Lucas' eyes finally. Now all they needed was for Tara to open hers as well.

It was plainly obvious ro everyone just how much they cared for one another regardless as to how much they both fought and denied their feelings.

"You don't scare me."

Tara sat with a defiant gleam in her eyes as Jones and Adam tried to look serious.

"Oh we don't?" Adam looked at Jones and a silent agreement was spoken that resulted in the pair standing up and making their way around either side of the table.

Tara jumped up and pushed her chair back.

"Maggie help!"

"Sorry dear. This old woman is too old to go running around the house."

Tara looked between Adam amd Jones in mock filled desperation that resulted in a quick survey around them to work out which way would be the best to plot her escape as they got menacingly closer with hands poised to tickle her.

"AAAAAAAHHHHHH!" Adam yelled as he walked past Maggie and felt the remainder of the iced filled water from the jug on the table hit his thigh and soak down the side of his leg.

"Oh dear, clumsy me" Maggie put her hand across her mouth to stifle the giggle that threatened to make a liar out of her as she looked at Adam's shocked face.

Tara quickly made her her escape past Adam and started to race to the back door.

"Get her!"

Tara heard the footsteps getting closer as she pushed through the screen door and out onto the back verandah and down the steps.

"Get back here!" Jones ran after her and into the yard.

"I'm going to get you Tara!" Adam came out of the house and with a quick look over her shoulder she  saw past Jones to see Adam shaking the leg of his navy trousers.

She laughed and then squealed as Jones started getting closer.

"Come here you rat!" Jones' gruff voice made her giggle as she turned slightly and started running beside the garage off to the side of the house.

"You'll never take me alive!" she screamed back at him and looking back over her shoulder again with a quick smile.

OOMPH!

She hit the wall. A wall with arms that steadied her before she fell backwards and landed flat on her back.

Her hands were gripped around the shirt of the firm warm wall that held her. She raised her eyes and in absolute shock she found herself looking into the eyes that tormented her for so long.

"Tara..." her name was spoken in a hoarse whisper as eyes drowned themselves in hers.

"Lucas"

**********