-45-

Not edited.

Lucas flicked papers across his desk as he listened to the ringing tone that mocked his every movement through the speaker.

"Hello" the deep hoarse voice at the other end after being roused from sleep.

"Father."

"Lucas? What the..?"

Lucas stopped moving things on the desk and sat back with his hands gripping the arms of his chair.

"Lucas?"

"I had a visitor earlier. I was a little surprises by some of the things she was saying."

"Who?"

"Ellie."

"Ellie? What the hell...?"

"Oh so you weren't the one to tell her I was married?"

"You're married?"

Lucas started to laugh in dark hushed tones.

"Oh father you are so amusing. Obviously I get my sense of humour from you."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Lucas smiled.

"Well you see father I know all about your little friend Casper. You do remember him don't you? He does after all contact you with a weekly report of what I'm doing."

"Now look Lucas..."

"No father. You look. I'm tired of cleaning up the shít you left behind. I'm tired of having my life looked upon like an open slather... But you know what I'm really tired of father?"

"What?"

"I'm tired of you expecting me to bow down to your fücking rules. I'm píssed off at having you scrutinise my every damn fücking movement. I took over this business so you could prove to my mother just how special she is... Does she feel that way father? Do you show my mother how much you love her? Is she the only woman in your bed?"

"What I do or don't do is none of your fücking business Lucas!"

"That's where you're wrong old man. I run this business now and you're still living in luxury because of my mother."

"I built this fücking business Lucas! I taught you everything you fücking know!"

Again Lucas let out a dark chuckle.

"Then you you know what I'm capable of then don't you? Like father, like son."

"Fück" the word was whispered and barely audible through the speaker.

"Quite right father... You're fücked."

"What are you planning Lucas?"

Suddenly his fathers voice sounded as old as the man himself and it was a moment before Lucas could answer.

"You're bringing my mother home."

"What?"

"You heard me father. I want you both here where I can keep a personal eye on you. Say goodbye to that latest chick you're fücking.."

"I'm not..."

Lucas slammed a fist down on the desk.

"Don't treat me like a fücking idiot! You have one chance to say goodbye to your little slüt and you will tell her how much you love my mother. Do you understand?"

"What difference does it make if I tell her I love your mother?"

"Because I said you have to."

Marcus started to laugh.

"As if you'd know."

"Really father? Know about Debbie Davies who lives in Castleford? Now how could I know anything about her?" he asked mockingly.

"You..."

"That's right dear father. I have my very own Casper."

"FÜCK!"

"See that's always been your problem. You can't keep your díck in your pants... but now" Lucas smiled an evil grin "Now I'm in control."

"Son... can't we talk about this?"

"Hahahaha... Gee whizz dad you're suck a joker. You have twenty four hours to call off Ellie."

"I have no control over what she does...'

"Then take control of that situation father because if she goes near my wife or anyone my wife cares about I've ordered a bullet to her head."

Silence from the other end had Lucas imagining the colour draining from his fathers face.

"You... You wouldn't..."

"Oh but I would. Although I might change the order a little so I can have some fun with her first... Does she like pain father?"

"I'll deal with it Lucas. You... Fück... I don't know what to say..."

"Oh I do. I said it earlier."

"What?"

"Like father, like son."