𝟷𝟻 + (mini update)

֎֍֎֍

Jacob, Maisie, and (Y/N) sat together in silence, all of them reading together. The pages flipped subtly. (Y/N) snatching a glimpse at Jacob every now and again, and Jacob reciprocating.

    Maisie catches onto this sentiment and speaks. "It's been quiet for too long. Jacob tell (Y/N) about the inevitable." she says it blatantly. Clearly bored. Jacob then shrugs, closing his book with one hand and turning to (Y/N). (Y/N) closes her book and looks at Maisie.

    "Do you need more books Maisie? I'd love to go to the library with you someday." she smiles. Maisie shrugs then nods towards Jacob. (Y/N) looks at him. "Well, I'm all ears." she beamed.

    Jacob sighed. Then began his tall tale. "It wasn't great, it wasn't horrible, but it was home." he said, getting comfortable. Maisie also listened, leaning close. Jacob continued. "Some Days we're the devil's doing, like the day I lost all of the rum on boarI in an accident."

    (Y/N) opened her mouth with a gasp. "Well, how in the hell did you manage that?!" Jacob chuckled. Running a hand through his blonde hair. "It was the dead of night, there was a full moon, and I was alone on the highest deck. All the rum was resting in its usual place when suddenly, younger home wanted some." He says sheepishly.

    It didn't take long for both of the girls to figure out what was next. "So I opened one and just had a small drink. That is until I bumped one, and the others rolled off on instinct." Jacob allowed a laugh to pass through. The infectious nature of his chortle caused (Y/N) and Maisie to do the same.

    Jacob continued his story, while he continued, he noticed Maisie and Blue leave. However, barely noticed his new found sweaty palms, or the fact he keeps retouching his hair every second. He prevails nonetheless. 

    "I was on toilet scrubbing duty for almost a month after that." He admitted. (Y/N)'s laughter bubbled out of her throat. Jacob's laughter followed. Jacob sighed as his laughter subsided. (Y/N) then cleared her throat. The two looked at each other.

    Jacob's eyes lingered on her face for a moment longer, and (Y/N)'s eyes did the same. She then felt a pain in her chest. "Umm. So tell me more. What was your favorite beast to kill?" Jacob's eyes widened slightly. He shook his head.

    "I'd rather not talk about that, but you, have you remembered anything big?" Jacob dodged. (Y/N) tried to remember her dreams, but couldn't manage to. They slipped from her grass. So she recalled a memory she had earlier that day. "I remembered laying in the grass, and staring at the sky, but I can promise you, I've been having dreams." she smirked.

    Jacob nodded, "as you've said before. Any nightmares?" (Y/N) shivered. Shifting her weight onto her knees. "You...have your secrets. I'll have mine." she sighed heavily. Jacob took it for an answer.

    Jacob and (Y/N) continued their conversation while Maisie watched from her room door. Maisie felt a warm smile creep up her lips. She thought for a moment 'I knew this would happen' she looked at Blue. "Blue. why don't we give them some privacy?" she says, turning to leave. She climbs up to her window, crawling out.

    "Do you ever miss it?" (Y/N) asks. Jacob looks at (Y/N) with confusion blanketing his expression. "Miss what?" Jacob stares into (Y/N)'s eyes, she looks down at the floor, then drags her face back up once more.

    She lowered her voice "the whole being on a ship thing, being out there on the seas?" silence blanketed the cold room. Warming the air as Jacob thought of an answer. Jacob leaned his head back. Knowing he already dodged one question, it's not fair to dodge another.