𝟷𝟺

֎֍֎֍

    Jacob laid in bed, his blonde hair a bit messy. All his cat scratches were comfortably cleaned and fixed up. He looked at his arm to see the new bandages in a familiar place. Then he recalls what happened not but 20 minutes ago.

☞20 minutes earlier.☜

    "Hold still." (Y/N) said as she patted his wounds gently. Jacob winced sharply at the initial feeling, easing back into it. This had been a constant pattern for almost an hour. Exhausting them both. (Y/N) was finally at Jacob's face.

    She had lost sympathy for his flinches after he'd pulled back the third time. To think after so many scars he'd be immune to those feelings by now. Jacob had relaxed into the steady rhythm though. Being ready for the pain, so he flinched less.

    (Y/N) spoke to him in a slow quiet voice. "You have a lot of scars, tell me about them." she says as she searches Jacob's face for any scratches. Jacob thinks for a moment.

    He smiles as he shows her his arm, "this was from a sea bass that almost ate the whole front end of our ship." he smiles at the memory. (Y/N)'s eyebrows raise in interest. Jacob then shows her his hand. "This was my first time in a kitchen. It's almost completely faded by now but if you look close enough it's there." (Y/N) looks close then gets back to her objective. It was in fact there.

    Jacob pulled the collar of his shirt down a bit. Showing his skin. Revealing a huge scar across his upper chest. "This was from a Brickle back, just before I met Maisie." (Y/N) smiled at him. Then patted his face softly.

    Jacob grimaced. (Y/N) asked another question. "You really love her don't you?" She said as she patted more. Jacob seemed to be lost in thought for a moment before he responds. "I do. I'd do anything for that little flame." (Y/N) giggled at the name. Jacob looked away for a moment.

    He was startled by (Y/N)'s hand grabbing his chin and pulling him to face her. She felt around his face. Jacob leaned into her hand. (Y/N) flushed and pulled her hand back. She held her hand with her other. Squeezing it gently.

    Jacob cleared his throat. "Maisie wanted to go to the fields. If you'd like to go too." (Y/N) scanned his face  again. Then relaxed as all the scratches were cleaned up. "There. Of course, I'd love to." She smiled. She then continued. "I'd like to learn about your scars at a later date if you'd tell me." She says wearily. Jacob beamed with a smile, nodding contently.

"Then it's a date." (Y/N) says with a grin.

☞present time☜

    Jacob laid awake, not understanding how a thought as meaningless as this could keep him up. Date? What odd wording. It isn't actually a date. Is it? Of course Jacob wouldn't mind if it were, but was it? He hasn't been on an actual date in years.

    He felt foolish. For good reason too. If (Y/N) meant what she said, she'd say what she meant. Wouldn't she? (Y/N)'s proven to be very direct with her wants. So if she meant it as a date, then it's a date! Should he not consider it a date until the moment occurs? Or should he think of it as a date so he's on his best behavior? He has no idea.

    Jacob fell asleep shortly after his thought process, and woke up to a familiar blue creature staring down at him. "Goodmorning Blue." He said, grabbing him and sitting up. His face perks up when he hears two voices talking from another room.