"Kaiyo," He replied monotonously. "I don't comment on desperately I try to avoid looking at your face, do I? You never hear me saying how disgusting I find you to be. So please do me a favor, and stop lying to get my attention. You're pathetic."

I know his words were supposed to hurt, but instead, they made me smile. "You remind me that confidence is key."

"You remind me of why suicide rates are so high."

"Suicide rates would be higher if everyone had to have you as a roommate, Zavier. Trust me."

A heavy sigh came, before Zavier rose out of bed, plaid pajama pants hanging low on his waist. He made his way towards my bed, doing what he does best and ripping the blanket off of me so I was left shivering in a tight ball. Grabbing my arm, he pulled me out of bed until I stood in front of him in the mirror.

I didn't struggle, I wanted to see where he was taking this.

Whispering lowly in my ear, Zavier used one hand to grasp my jaw, forcing me to stare at our reflection. "Do you notice something, Kaiyo?"

"You look like a troll," I grumbled, my gaze piercing into his.

I saw him smirk, but it was only for a second. "Close, Barbie, but no. Notice how underwhelming you are? How little you deserve compared to me? You're fucking nothing, Kaiyo. You are worth nothing. How long will I have to babysit you until you correct your attitude?"

His voice gave me chills.

"Good girls don't act like this."

And with that, he let go of me, giving me a forceful shove forward before returning to his bed without another word. I was left simply staring at the mirror, directly at my own reflection.

Zavier was right in some departments. I really didn't deserve much of anything, I wasn't worth anything more than my family's last name and my parent's money. But he had no right to act like he was above me. If I'm the lowest level of human being, Zavier was still one step below me.

Looking at where he slept in the mirror, I wanted to strangle him to death. I've never met such an infuriating man in my entire life. I've never met such an excellent replica of Tristan in my entire life.

I wanted to watch him drown. I wanted to be the person to push his head under the water.

I probably looked like a freak, staring at him through the mirror, standing completely still with fury in my eyes. But I couldn't help myself.

I was just so obsessed with the damage I could do to this man. I will do to this man.

It was Sunday afternoon at this point. A week had passed since my weird interaction with Zavier, and I myself was busy cooped up in a private section of the library with Taechan. I was basically halfway asleep, and my ears were sluggishly picking up random words in the full sentence. I know he was talking, but I hardly cared enough to pay attention.

Snapping his fingers in my face, I slowly transferred my gaze over to where Taechan was angrily staring. "Kaiyo, I'm not going to do all the work. If you want to pass, you study."

I rolled my eyes, pulling a stray piece of blond hair out of my face. "You're asking me to study on the weekend. I couldn't give a single fuck about passing right now."

"It's 3 fucking PM, how are you even tired?"

"Hot bitches are always tired," I grumbled, shoving my head into my arms again, desperate for sleep.

I wasn't exactly physically tired, but I was far beyond mentally tired and God, that might've been worse. I wasn't failing classes, but I was far from being the best student, settling for low 80s and being far past satisfied with an 85. But Taechan, the one student in my calculus class who threw himself at the homework and teacher like a little equation whore, didn't know what it meant to even get a 90. It was like 100% or nothing with him, so I thought taking the role as his study partner would benefit both of us.

It did nothing.

Sighing heavily, I listened as the sound of papers rustled and a weighty textbook closed. The sound of the library's wooden chair scratching the ground. "Get up, Kaiyo. If we can't study here I'll find other ways."

"Such as?"

Walking around the table to where I was basically crumbling up against the surface, Taechan leaned down, arms on either side of me as he started packing up my books for me. "We walk, I ask you questions, you answer. Got it?"

As much as I didn't want to study and I'd probably go very far out of my way to avoid that, I would much rather walk around than sit in a fucking library. It was cold, being in the midst of winter, but the sun was beating down like it would dissolve into particles if it didn't which warmed up the walk much more.

Sometime during the 20 minutes of walking, we were outside that one door Zavier took me to on the 2nd day. It was their little "club" room or something like that. I hadn't been back since.

"Hold on, I need to see if Kera is here," Taechan said, pausing in his steps and turning towards the door.

I didn't say anything, resisting rolling my eyes and following him inside as he held the door open.

The girl I remembered to be Kera was indeed inside, sitting comfortably on the couch with the other girl's head lying lazily on her lap. The second the door opened, Kera's eyes went wider as she made a little hand motion before pointing to the other girl and putting a finger to her lips.

"When is Mercel not sleeping?" Taechan mumbled, shutting the door behind us.

Kera shrugged, beckoning us over regardless. "What's up?" She whispered as we neared.

"I just wanted to ask if Zavier is still mad..." He whispered back, hesitantly. In the corner of the room was a small candle that was lit, and I couldn't help but notice how fixated Taechan was on it.

"I can't tell, he won't talk about what happened or why he was mad in the first place," Kera shrugged, stroking Mercel's braided hair softly.

The mention of Zavier's name sparked my interest. Outside of silent classes, I never saw him. He'd be out past curfew and gone before I woke. Even on days I'd sneak out to wander the halls, he was either never there when I got back or already in a deep sleep.

I had a trickling obsession whenever I saw he was asleep that would momentarily wash over me. A small feeling of wanting to suffocate him with a pillow, although nothing major, and I certainly never acted on it. We hadn't spoken at all since our last talk that one late night.

His voice still rang in my ears. Good girls don't act like this.

Perhaps not, but I do. And who said I had to be good to get what I wanted from him?

Taechan sighed heavily, slumping down into another sofa, and beckoned me over. "Study time."

Grumbling, I slumped my way over next to him, kicking off my shoes and folding my legs up underneath me. Taechan pulled out our textbooks and homework, laying them out in front of the both of us on the coffee table.

The second he started to read off our work, the door swung open loudly, hitting the doorstop on the wall behind it.

Speak of the devil, Zavier himself stomped in.

A/N

Only took 18 chapters for it to get spicy I call this a W

Much love - Kujiis