2.|𝕹𝖔𝖙 𝖘𝖔 𝕭𝖆𝖉

It's been two and a half weeks since Miracle move to Seaford

It's been two and a half weeks since Miracle move to Seaford. Those past two weeks were sorta awkward and overwhelming but it was overall fun. It was a lot to adjust cause everything was very different from Mississippi.

While walking home from school, on the first day, she discovered that Jack lived just down the street from her. (Which explained why he was following her.)

Jack, being the friendly leech that he is, suggested that they could walk to and from school together.

Miracle agreed not thinking too much of it. It wasn't like it was gonna be an everyday thing she thought. He will soon get tired about a week of this she thought.

She thought wrong. Today was the 18th day in a row that they've been walking together. They became friends along the way as Miracle would put it.

She wasn't even sure if she should be happy or upset about this. Sure, she was happy that he thought she was worth spending time around.

However, the looming fear of being thrown away once she lost her appeal was there. She couldn't help but feel this way. Miracle blamed herself for getting attach too quickly.

She starts getting anxious as she starts overthinking. She unconsciously bites on her bottom lip as she goes in a deep spiral of her mind.

"Did you know that you have an accent?" Jack suddenly blurts out seemingly out of nowhere.

Miracle's head snaps up from looking at the ground to the boy confused. She stops biting her bottom lip as she looks at him."What are you talking about? I don't have an accent" she tune into her voice trying to find any trace of an accent.

"You do, it's just not very noticeable. Plus you hear yourself speak all the time so you wouldn't notice it yourself" Jack said shrugging his shoulders a bit. The brown skin girl just rolls her eyes. She readjust her bag strap to a more comfortable position.

"I don't think that's how that works" she murmured softly, but Jack still heard her. He props his arm on her shoulder making sure to not put all his weight on her.

"So, how exactly does it work, Miss know-it-all?" He asks with a shit eating grin that just made Miracle want to push him.

"I'm not sure, but I know what you said can't be right. And get off you're heavy" she scoffs as she tries to shake him off her shoulder. He just laughs and drapes his arm around her shoulders to be more of annoyance.

"Don't be mean, you're just weak" this comment made Miracle elbow him right in the stomach, causing him to stagger a bit. He holds his gut which made her smile cheekily.

"Oh c'mon now Mr. Brewer, that didn't even hurt. I'm weak after all" she said smugly. She holds back her laughter as she walks in the school, leaving Jack who was still shocked behind.

He shakes his head and chuckles a bit. "I'm definitely getting her back. Hey wait up!" He runs after her to catch up.

"Oh you're alright, any longer I might've started to worry that I actually hurt you" Miracle side eye him as she walks to her locker with Jack trailing behind her. She sees him roll his eyes.