♥ What Hurts The Most ♡

Start from the beginning

But that's not what gets me!

What hurts the most

Was being so close

They used to be together, every single day of their lives. He remembered her change after the Eclipse incident, perhaps because of the vision of his supposed death. Yes, he admitted she was already growing on him. A little.

And having so much to say

And watching you walk away

He did not get the chance to see her walk away waving, but he came to realize it after those painful moments speaking to her in the ward after her treatment. Yet, he still cared; he set her alarm clock so that she would wake up to take her medicine, and left post-it notes for her to take therapy sessions, and this is what he would get in return?

It wasn't him who was kind,  it was humanity that was cruel.

And never knowing

What could've been

The pain could not be healed. It was scarred in him forever. Maybe, if the heavens would have given him a little more time, they could have been more, until that fateful day.

And not seeing that loving you...

... is what I was trying to do.

It's hard to deal with the pain of losing you everywhere I go

He'd slumped against her door in tears. She was somehow under yet another spell, much more deadly than the other: she had fallen in love.

But it was not him.

But I'm doin' it

He just had  to let her go.

It's hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I'm alone

He had gone to the guild, seeing everyone who had gotten together: Elfman and Evergreen, Gajeel and Levy, even that pink-headed brat together with his blonde teammate. Erza had comforted him of his loss, but even if he fell in love with her, it would never work out. She would never have a place for him in her heart.

That was what Lyon had said a year ago, yet now he was the victim of Juvia's heart. She had found him to talk about it; he had listened, but just hearing it all was painful. It was as if she was speaking to Lyon about him, but this time it was the other way around.

Still harder getting up, getting dressed, living with this regret

But I know if I could do it over

I would trade, give away

All the words that I've saved in my heart.. that I left unspoken!

What hurts the most was being so close

And having so much to say and watching you walking away

And never knowing what could have been

And not seeing that loving you...

... is what I was trying to do.

Not seeing that loving you...

That's what I was trying to do.

The rain continued pouring, along with the waterfalls streaming down his face.

~>*<~

I'm sorry for tears, but the new stocks of shirts have come in, so you are safe.

-Kaya-chan.

P.S Don't know what's wrong with me; writing lots of angsty one-shots here.