New Kid Part 2

Tatumn offered to drop me off at school for my first day so I didn't have to go on the stupid bus and also so no attention was drawn to Julie. 

I agreed, and I realized when I got into her car and she said: "Ready kiddo?"  how much I thought of her as an older sister.

"Not really." I said, buckling up. "I wish the summer lasted forever." 

"I always said that as a kid too." 

"I wish I had your life." 

"Believe me, your life is a lot better than mine." 

"No it's not." 

"It is, Britt." 

I was quiet after that because of the serious tone in her voice. 

I was more nervous than before my Red Stars debut. 

We pulled up to the school, and she followed the line of cars to the front of the building. 

"You're gonna do great, kid." She said. "You're gonna make friends, you're gonna find your way around the building. It's not that big." 

I looked at it, and it was huge. 

"You'll be okay. I promise. Text me if you need anything. We have an off day." Tatumn smiled, and it was absolutely insane how much she looked like Mace. 

"Can you take me back to your house?" I asked. 

"Nope." 

We pulled up to the front, so it was time to get out. 

"You're gonna be fine. I promise."  

"I hope so." 

"Alright. I'm kicking you out now." She laughed. 

"Fine." I laughed, and she leaned over to kiss my cheek. 

"I'll come pick you up unless Julie wants to." 

"Okay." I said, opening the door, and without thinking I said "Love you." 

"Love you too." She said, and I got out. 

I watched her drive away, and then I walked into the building. 

Everyone was with their friends or finding them. I had no idea where Mace was, and even though I still had 8 minutes until class started I wanted to start trying to find it. I only had to wait until second period to see Mace. 

First period was super boring. It was just going over the syllabus, which was going to be every class. But this teacher just droned on and on. Great teacher to have for trigonometry. 

Then I walked to second period, and was a minute late. I saw Mace and his friends in the back, and I smiled at him as I found the last open seat. 

"We got another one!" Said the teacher. 

Then she talked over some class expectations and stuff, but then for the last half out we were going to do stupid ice breaker stuff. 

And because I was in the front corner right near the teachers desk, I had to go first. 

We had to stand up, say our name, and 3 things about us. 

"My name is Brittney Johnston, I just moved here from Tennessee, I play soccer, and I like watching baseball." I sat down quickly after. 

"Tennessee?" Asked the teacher, Mrs. Smith. She was a nice lady who was funny too. "What part?" 

"West." 

"Ah. Near Memphis?"

"Yep." 

"I can tell you're from the south. You have an accent."