Plan Execution

When I got home, neither of my parents were there. They were at the store getting everything they needed for their next big trip I wasn't invited on. 

Little do they know I have a trip of my own. 

A one-way ticket to Chicago, Illinois. 

I went into my room on the third floor of my parent's huge house, and it wasn't as empty as it should be for someone moving out. 

But I'm not bringing much. 

I packed one suitcase of clothes, and stacked on my bed the rest of the stuff I needed. 

I took a shower before emptying out my soccer bag and putting other things in it, and shoving things from the bag into my suitcase. 

I went downstairs to check if my parents were home, and they were still out, so I brought my suitcase down the stairs and put it in the backyard for when it was time to leave. 

I checked my house for other things that were mine that I may want to take. I also searched the couch cushions for extra money, because I could use all I could get. My parents always had cash and change on them for some weird reason, so I found about $10 in the cushions and over $100 in the junk drawers. 

Rich parents. 

I threw everything I found in my soccer bag, which will be my carry-on, then made dinner for myself. 

It was crazy to think that this will be my last lonely dinner in this house. It was all too familiar for me. I genuinely couldn't think of the last time my mom and dad sat down to have a meal with me. 

I just found a book and read while I waited until it was time to really execute this plan. 

My parents came home late with boxes of leftovers, and when I left the couch to go to my room neither cared at all. 

That's pretty much how it was around here. I had a nanny until my parents thought I was old enough to take care of myself. Then I was on my own. The only things my parents do in regards to me are hammer me about my schoolwork, tell me I'm wasting my time being a soccer player, and throw money at me to keep me out of their way. 

They say soccer's a waste of time, but still pay thousands for me to be on that team. Again, it's just to keep me from bothering them. 

I went through the last of my stuff on my desk, and put what was important into my bag. It was all of my pictures with my friends, all of my jewelry and my soccer ribbons and medals. 

It was summer, but my parents had put me in all these advanced placement courses for the next school year, my junior year, (which I won't be attending) and it came with a bunch of worksheets and stuff they made me do every day. 

I put the papers in a neat little pile, all half finished and some not written on at all. 

On top of it, I put a note. 

Mom and Dad, 
I'm going to Illinois. I have no idea when I'll be back, but not anytime soon. Life will be better foe me there. No sense in coming to look for me, I'm not coming home.
Brittney

I did have plans on coming back before the summer ends to see my friends, but I'd have to see how things go before I plan anything. 

I got a call from Bailey asking me when I was going to be ready to go. 

I told her now's fine, and she said she was on her way. 

"Dad, I'm going out with my friends." 

"You need money?" 

"Yes please."

He gave me $30, and I left for the last time. 

"Hey." I said, getting in her car for the last time. 

"Hey. I thought we could go get some coffee before we got to the airport, because you're gonna need it." She said sadly. 

"Sounds good." 

Bailey's been my best friend since we were in elementary school. She's the one that told me to try out for the Sparks with her, and when we both made it we were so happy. 

Her family is my second family, really the one I wish was my first. Her parents know how shitty my parents are, and they treated me like their daughter for so many years. 

It's hard to go. 

But I can't live this life anymore. I need a change, and that change is in Bridgeview, Illinois. 

We talked and laughed about our years and years of memories and something inside of me started to regret all of this. 

"You're sure you really want to do this?" She said as we pulled up to the airport. 

"I'm sure. I need this." 

"I think you do too. Are you sure you've got a way to get to your cousins when you land?" 

"I'm just gonna text her."

"Alright." 

"Listen. Thank you for everything. You're the greatest person this world has to offer, even if that means helping me run away. I just want you to know that I'll never have another friend like you. And I promise, we'll see eachother soon. I'll call you every day. I don't know how I'm going to make it without you, so I need you to keep in touch. Please." I said. 

"I swear I will. I just want what's best for you. And that's leaving here." She said, tucking a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear. When she looked up at me, her freckles weren't nearly as bright as they normally were, same with her blue eyes. Especially hr eyes. 

I needed to leave before I regretted everything. 

"Well I gotta go. Thank you for everything, Bailey. I'll text you before I take off and when I land." I got out of the car and grabbed my suitcase and backpack from the back. 

I waved as I walked in the doors, but she ran after me, making sure to give me one last big hug. 

"I love you, Britt." She whispered. 

"I love you too Bails." 

We hugged for a few seconds longer, and then she left. 

Now I'm alone.