Christmas (Part 1) - Ch.35

"You got me a Christmas tree?"

Draco looked away, a blush rushing up his neck. "I might've..."

They were standing in their living room, a decorated tree by the fireplace. Presents were spread underneath it, wrappings full of colour and illustrations. Hermione stood across from Draco, eyes wide.

The tree hadn't been there when they returned from the ball. Nor had it been there when they closed the floo and headed off to their room. They had been up nearly 2 hours after they had returned, locked in their room. Hermione must've not woken up when he had left their bed. But when she eventually did, she came down in a green silk robe and found the tree and then him on the ground with his head against the sofa.

She walked over to him, wrapping her arms around his waist and kissing his lips softly. "I love it"She mumbled, kissing him again. "Thank you"

She felt him relax against her, his hands burying themselves into her hair. He tilted her head, making his way down her jaw instead. She stopped him with a hand to his cheek, pushing him back. "Presents first"

He raised an eyebrow and a huff of a laugh escaped him. He leaned back in, pressing his lips against hers quickly before grabbing her hand and tugging her to sit on the ground. He sat behind her, pulling her into him. She untangled herself and reached for a present before turning to face him.

He stared at the oddly wrapped present in her hand and saw a small blush cover her face. She held it out to him. "Merry Christmas, Draco" She was smiling shyly which only spiked more curiosity.

He took it slowly and unwrapped it. It was a green snow globe with something jumping around in the centre, running in circles. It was covered with fog. She saw his lip twitch and rushed into an explanation. "It's a two way connection- if we're apart, we can speak through it rather than letters and I thought it would be convenient-"

He interrupted her as he buried his hand into her hair and dragged her close enough to kiss her. She wrapped both arms around his neck and legs around his waist. She pulled back an inch, "Do you-"

"I do" He kissed her. He felt her smile and smirked in return. She pulled away again and pulled the snow globe from his hands. She pressed the bottom and the fog disappeared. His smirk fell.

Inside the snow globe was a white ferret.

"Seriously?"

She smiled sheepishly, threading her fingers through his hair. "It's thoughtful"

He didn't look amused but it didn't stop him from wrapping an arm around her. He reached for another present, and pulled it between them.

He didn't recognize the handwriting. Hermione, however, did. She snatched it from him and spun it so she could see what was written.

Malfoy - Merry bloody Christmas

P.S. if you're going to snog Hermione like that again, have some decency to get a room.

Hermione laughed and Draco took the gift back. "Who is it?"He questioned, bewildered.

She got up, pulling herself away from him as she continued to chuckle to herself. "Open it. I'm going to make some tea"

"Granger, who is it?"He repeated, reaching for her. She took multiple steps away. "Just show me when you open it" She told, walking into the kitchen.

"Granger!"

2 minutes passed and Draco walked into the kitchen, a book in his hand. Hermione was stirring her tea as she turned to look at him. "It's Potter, isn't it?" He said.