Jealous - Ch.26

The next day, they managed to sleep in. The deadly cold remained and that morning, it was snowing as well.

Hermione had taken his side of the bed, sleeping on the left and him on the right. She had her back to his chest, her head resting on the arm he had stretched against the pillows. His other arm was around her waist and his head buried in her hair.

Draco woke up first, having forgotten to close the drapes the night before. He unconsciously pulled Hermione closer to him as he hid his face against her neck, trying to block out the light. She shifted beside him, moving her head when she felt him against her neck.

He stayed there for a minute before his eyes got used to the light, then lifted his head to look at the clock on the bedside table. 11:20.

He glanced down at the hand on her waist, only now realizing she was holding his hand. He rested his head against hers, his eyes not leaving their intertwined fingers.

Though it had been a bit over a month since they began sleeping together, he still found it odd on how comfortable she was around him. On how much she trusted him, even after everything he had done.

It surprised him when her trust managed to infect Ginny Weasley, who was less wary around him. He noticed that now even Potter had stopped staring at him suspiciously. Weasley was still annoyed by his every move, but Brown seemed to tolerate him.

Macmillan had been decent to him whenever they were forced to speak and Lovegood acted like they had been friends for years, acting as though Malfoy Manor hadn't happened.

And maybe it was because of the amount of times he had apologized to her every time he had to drag her out of the dungeons to be tortured. Maybe that had caused Dean Thomas to forgive him as well.

But he hadn't exactly done the same with Hermione. He hadn't apologized enough for what happened at Malfoy Manor. He couldn't bring himself to talk about it. At least not while sober.

He was pulled from his thoughts when Hermione moved again. She had turned onto her other side, her head finding comfort between his shoulder and neck. Her arm was thrown across his waist and the other was between them, her hand on his chest.

At that same moment, there was a knock on the door. "I need help, Malfoy"He heard Theo's voice. Draco groaned and turned his head to glare at the door. Hermione stirred and he used the arm under her head to pull her closer and then covered her ear. "Stupid Nott"Draco huffed as the knocking continued.

He grabbed his wand with the hand on her waist and unlocked the door, having it open slightly. Theo peaked in, and then his gaunt expression changed in an instant. "Well, well, well"He grinned, his eyes drifting over Hermione and him.

"What do you want?" Draco snapped.

"I can come back later-"

"What do you want, you bloody arse?"

Theo pouted and entered the room, closing the door behind him. "Daphne's mad at me"

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Well you and Granger fight everyday! And look, now she's all cuddled up to you" Theo said, gesturing to them. "You know, you obviously forgot to mention this"His lips quirked up.

"Lower your voice, you idiot. She's asleep"Draco demanded. "And me and Granger aren't like you and Daph. How the hell did you make her mad?"

Theo's frown returned. "I promised her we'd go on a date last night but I forgot to get permission from McGonagall. And you know how the wards are now, we can't sneak out as much"

"Take her on a date today then?" Draco rolled his eyes. His hand was pressed firmly against Hermione's ear, hoping she wouldn't wake up to Theo's obnoxious voice. He'd never hear the end of it.