Dorms - Ch.4

Hermione laid silently in her bed, staring up at the ceiling. She'd been trying to sleep for hours but nothing had happened. She huffed and sat up. She ran a hand through her hair and glanced out the window.

She was in the new dorm, her shared dorm with Malfoy. Maybe that was why she couldn't sleep, because her enemy ever since she set foot in this school was living across the hall. She turned onto her side, biting her tongue to stop herself from letting out a frustrated sigh.

She stared around the room, taking in everything. The walls were red, and practically everything else was gold. The floor was made of gold and white marble. Her desk was made of gold metal, to her surprise. It had a glass drawer under it, which Hermione found useful for her quills.

The couch in front of her window was red as well, practically identical to the one from the Gryffindor common room, only it wasn't ripped. Her bedframe was also gold, but the sheets and covers were red.

It was a Gryffindors dream, and it made Hermione feel a bit more comfortable. Though there was something on her mind. She felt off. There was something going on.

Something always went wrong. That was what the wizarding world had taught her, never get too happy.

Eventually she put a silencing charm on her room and wrapped the blanket tightly around her before closing her eyes. Tomorrow would be her first day back home.

-:-:-:-

"I WILL KILL YOU"

"I DID NOTHING"

"NOTT"

Hermione shot up from her bed, her hand over her heart and her other hand on her wand. She let out a sigh of relief before recognizing the voices. Slightly less tense, she glared at her door.

She had forgotten which silencing charm she had used. The one she used most nights only silenced her room, no one could hear anything inside but she could hear everything happening inside.

It stopped the rest at the burrow from hearing her nightmares but kept her alert if anyone was outside. Post-war trauma, she figured.

She sat up straight and threw her legs over the side of the bed. She pushed herself up and pocketed her wand in her night shorts.

Throwing a shirt on, she opened the door of her room and glared into the common room. "What is your problem?" She snapped, wiping her eyes.

When she opened them again, she scanned over the common room. Malfoy and Zabini were sitting on the couch closest to her, and Parkinson and Nott were on opposite sides of the common room, their wands out.

Astoria Greengrass and Daphne Greengrass were sitting on another couch close to Malfoy and Zabini. Crabbe and Goyle were standing near Nott while Tracey Davis and Millicent Bulstrode stood beside Parkinson.

Brilliant, the snakes has infected her common room.

They all turned to look at her, some smirks and glares spreading across the room. "Did we disrupt your beauty sleep, Granger?" Theodore Nott smirked, his eyes on her hair.

Hermione clenched her fists to stop herself from self-consciously covering her head. She narrowed her eyes at him and he raised an eyebrow. Her gaze switched to Malfoy, who was smirking along.

"If you're going to invite your pests this early in the morning, I expect you to keep them quiet"She demanded, glaring at him.